Thread: MAH4000AWW Spin problem

Talking MAH4000AWW Spin problem

Model Number: MAH4000AWW
    Brand: Maytag

The problem was a growling during motor operation, and a very low spin speed, ultimately leaving the clothing wetter than normal after everything was done.

I ran the suggested tests on the motor windings and individual phases of the motor, and discovered a single phase was blown on the motor controller. I tried replacing the blown FETs on the bad phase (which was no easy task, since the IRF646 isn't made any longer - the IRF644 is a pretty close match though, if anyone's interested) - but the phase still didn't function properly (motor still growled, which said to me the problem was further up the line in the control circuit).

Rather than spend any more time troubleshooting, I decided to order the replacement motor kit from here - (#12002039 Motor & Control Module Kit 1 $181.99).

I paid for the 2 day delivery on a Friday, and it arrived on Monday (early).

It took me about 20 minutes to swap out the new parts, and ta-da! Everything works perfectly.

Needless to say, I am still my wife's hero!

Just wanted to share my experience.

Dave

Thank you for posting your feedback Dave! This information may help others with the same problem down the road.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter