Thread: Disherwasher Noise

Disherwasher Noise

Model Number: GLD4355RFSO
    Brand: Frigidaire

The dishwasher motor makes a lot of noise when it is running. However, when you push the motor to one side or the other the noise stops. When I put a piece of wood under the motor it also stops the noise for awhile but then starts agan. Do you suppose that it has to have a new motor? Has anyone had this problem?

From the sounds of it, I think you are describing the circulation pump (the pump that sprays the water around inside the dishwasher), not the drain pump? If the pump is getting noisier than normal (sometimes they will make a grinding/growling sound), it is usually the bearings/seals in the motor going bad. If this is the case, if you let it go long enough, the pump will eventually start to leak water and/or eventually seize up and not do anything. The only fix for it is going to be to replace the pump.

Note, I have seen some brand new pumps make noise from the factory. Frigidaire pumps are not always the quietest.

These are the pumps for your dishwasher:

Circulation Pump & Motor - 154844101

Drain Pump/Motor Assembly - 154580301

Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter