Thread: Frigidaire Oven Won't Work

Frigidaire Oven Won't Work

Model Number: FEF336ECE
    Brand: Frigidaire

Hello, I went to use my oven yesterday and it didn't work. When I turn on the oven, I hear two clicks, pause (about 10 seconds) and then two clicks. I assume these are some type of relay to turn on/off the heating element.

My wife called and said that the buttons on the control panel didn't work, but when I tried them they did.

Thanks.

Yes, the clicks that you are hearing are the relay(s) on the control board. The relays can still click even when the control board is not working correctly. Sometimes if you remove the old control board (make sure the power is off when you remove it), you will see a burn spot on the control board. The relays send the power to the bake and broil elements. If both the bake and broil elements stopped working at the same time (oven doesn't heat on bake or broil), then you probably have a failed control board. It is not very likely that both elements would burn out at the same time. If the buttons weren't working on the control panel, then that would be another sign that the control board is bad.

Before you order the control board, check to see if the overlay will come off the old control board in one piece. It is just a sticker, and sometimes they don't peel off in one piece.

This is the control board for you model:

Oven Control Board - 316455400

Touchpad Overlay (Black) - 316220701
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter