Thread: GE Profile-Ice good, chill water leaks

GE Profile-Ice good, chill water leaks

Model Number: TFX28PBDA WW
    Brand: GE

Ice Maker producing ice just fine. Selecting <Chill Water> and then pressing cup into sensor pad on display pad makes a click (as expected) but no water comes out.

As a test, I held a cup on the sensor for 1 minute, in case some air was in a water tube somewhere. Still nothing happened but then a large puddle formed on the floor

I searched this site and got some ideas but thought I would post the question.
    I am ok taking things apart if I have good instructions or lots of time

Fridge is 13 years old and generally no complaints. Would love to replace the handles on doors as they have dis-colored due to age.

Side question Q1, What would be a good replacement for this fridge if I go down that route? Need the Ice-maker option for sure and same size. I am OK to spend a little more for quality but not too much!
    Side question Q2, what are the pros & cons of side-by-side versus top-bottom?

There are a few different things that can cause the water not to dispense. I would try to find where the puddle of water came from, and that is most likely the start of your problem. Check the water valve on the back of the refrigerator and look for any broken or leaking lines. Also check the water tank reservoir in the back of the refrigerator section for any cracks or leaks. Let me know what you find.

Q1: We currently recommend Whirlpool, Maytag, GE, and LG for refrigerators

Q2: Our favorite style refrigerator is the french door, with the freezer on the bottom. You can wider items in these than a side by side. These have a pretty high price tag. For the price, a Whirlpool side by side refrigerator is going to be your best bang for the buck. They have a proven design that works well, and it is reliable.
    Ryan
    www.PartsDr.com - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Circle Parts Dr On Google+

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

Thanks for the advice, I might look at it when I have time but its not critical for us.

Cheers