Thread: [FIXED] Samsung Dryer won't heat

[FIXED] Samsung Dryer won't heat

Model Number: DV328AEW/XAA
    Brand: Samsung

Hi. I have a 4yr old Samsung DV328AEW/XAA that stopped heating 5 months ago. Everything else on the dryer worked and there were no error codes. I verified the heating element was good (9.8ohms) but the thermostat was open instead of continuous, so I replace it (DC96-00887A). I also cleaned out the little bit of lint in the dryer since I was inside.

The dryer worked great for two months and then the same thing, the new thermostat failed and was now open. So I replaced it thinking maybe I got a defective part, the next new thermostat died within two days after installing it. So I thought maybe the heating element had a hot spot even though it checked out good, so I changed out the heating element (DC47-00019A) and the bad thermostat and we were working again. Now 3 weeks later, it's not working again. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Is there something that can cause the thermostat to fail repeatedly?

Yes, there are multiple things that can cause that thermostat to fail. When the thermostat (fuse) part number DC96-00887A blows, it indicates that the dryer overheated. It is a safety to keep the dryer from overheating and starting a fire. When replacing this thermostat, you should also replace part number DC47-00018A at the same time. First check the dryer, and the exhaust venting and look for any restrictions that might be blocking the airflow. In some cases if the air flow is block, we see the heating element warp and short out against the cabinet. This causes the element to constantly stay on. Other parts that can fail are the thermistor and the control board that can cause the dryer to overheat. Let me know what you find.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

Doc Ryan,

Thanks for the advice. I installed both parts as you suggested. I also vacuumed out the vent pipe and even shortened it to minimize any airflow restrictions. We are back in business again. Hopefully, we got it fixed. Thanks again. Btw, great service response on the parts and shipping.

Great I am glad that took care of your problem! I have updated the status of the thread to FIXED.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter