Thread: [FIXED] GE Profile no longer working - new motherboard?

[FIXED] GE Profile no longer working - new motherboard?

Model Number: PSC23NSTC SS
    Brand: GE

Several months ago my GE Profile refrigerator's temperature would fluctuate up to 7-11 degrees off the desired temperature. I ignored it b/c I didn't think it was a huge problem. I can't recall if I heard clicking noises that many consumers of GE fridges experienced. I know I did hear lots of noises, but I thought they were normal noises from a fridge. A couple days ago, the fridge completely stopped working. The light works inside, but all the display indicators/buttons are off, the fridge no longer cools, and water/ice dispensers do not respond. I have ordered a new motherboard and am hoping this will work. What do you think the problem is?

Model: PSC23NSTC SS

It sounds to me like your two problems are probably not related. So first, lets focus on getting it cooling again. First, check the wiring at the bottom of the door and looking for any corrosion and/or broken wires. If that looks good, then I would unplug the refrigerator and do a visual inspection of the main control board. Look for any burn spots on the solder joints on the front or back side of the control board. Let me know what you find.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

Thanks for the tips. I will let you know what I find. How do I check the wiring at the bottom of the door? Not sure exactly where you are referring to. What tools will I need?

Just look for the wiring harness that comes out of the bottom of the door. On some models, they have moved the harness to the top of the door.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Wiring at the bottom of the door looked okay, just dusty so I cleaned it up. I replaced the main control board and it appears to have solved the problem. Now I just have to wait overnight to see if the temperatures are okay. I'll cross my fingers hoping that this was the permanent fix. Thanks for all your help!

Great, I am glad it is working again! I updated the status of the thread to FIXED. Please let me know if you need any more help.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com