Thread: Frigidaire oven will not work

Frigidaire oven will not work

Model Number: FEF336ECE
    Brand: Frigidaire

Two days ago my Frigidaire electric oven stopped working. The stove top still works, but the oven and broil have completely stopped working. Some say the bake and broil elements are bad, others say the control boards. The control panel still works so I am lost as to what it is.

If both the bake and broil elements stopped working at the same time and the stove top still works, then you most likely have a bad control board. The chances of both elements failing at the same time is pretty slim. When the control board goes bad, it can still function partially (clock works, buttons work, ect) but not send power to the elements. If you want to verify that the control board is bad, then you would need to do a voltage test at the element. The bake and broil elements should both see 240 volts from the control board to function properly. If you do not see any voltage, then the control board part# 316455400 will need to be replaced. You can also do a continuity or Ohm test on the bake & broil elements to see if they are good/bad.

These are the parts for your range:

Oven Control Board - 316455400

Bake Element - 316075104

Broil Element - 316203200
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

i have the same exact problem.But,my frigidaire model numbers are kinda worn first 4 are fef3 and last one is a c.It is a ceramic top. 60hz 3 wire.10.0kw. Can you help out Doc Ryan?
    Last edited by hillcrops; 05-21-2012 at 08:00 PM. Reason: forgot brand

Quote Originally Posted by hillcrops View Post
    i have the same exact problem.But,my frigidaire model numbers are kinda worn first 4 are fef3 and last one is a c.It is a ceramic top. 60hz 3 wire.10.0kw. Can you help out Doc Ryan?
    When I look up models starting with FEF3, there are 1239 results. I think we would have better luck narrowing down what part you need by looking for a part number on the old part, or if you can post up a picture of the part.

Also, possibly check the owners manual to see if the model number is listed in there. Or check to see if you have a receipt/invoice or if the place you purchased the range from has a record of which model you purchased.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

I have Kenmore oven 7909642940A bake element not heating. the broil element is working fine and all other elements, the bake element itself is good, the thermostat is good as well, I get only 110 V reading and it is from the wire connected through the broil element. but no reading from the other wire connected directly from the control panel to bake element, is there any fuse to check, can this be fixed without changing the entire element? Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Moe View Post
    I have Kenmore oven 7909642940A bake element not heating. the broil element is working fine and all other elements, the bake element itself is good, the thermostat is good as well, I get only 110 V reading and it is from the wire connected through the broil element. but no reading from the other wire connected directly from the control panel to bake element, is there any fuse to check, can this be fixed without changing the entire element? Thank you
    It sounds to me like the control board that sends power to the bake element is bad.

This is the control board for your range:

Oven Control Board - Part # PD00006130 (mfg # 316557245)
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

My fridgedaire stove fefl78cbc oven and controls will not work. Help

Doc
    Heyvrn
    If by controls you mean the stove top elements are not working then it is probably a power problem.

Try flipping the breaker off/on slowly a couple times. Sometimes you can loose half the line without actually tripping the breaker.
    Check the voltage at the wall receptacle
    L1 to L2 should be 240 volts
    L1 to Neutral and L2 to Neutral, both should be 120 volts.
    If OK
    Unplug the unit and check the wires at the terminal strip in the machine to make sure none are loose or burned out
    If OK
    Check the power at the terminal strip.
    Do this with the heater off and on.
    Be careful as 240 volts is lethal !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Heyvrn@gmail.com View Post
    My fridgedaire stove fefl78cbc oven and controls will not work. Help
    Yes what denman said above is correct. And if the top surface burners do work, but the control board is not turning on then the control board might be bad.

This is the control board for your model stove:

Control Board - Part # PD00000380 (mfg # 316207529)
    Ryan

PartsDr.com