Thread: Whirlpool Washer does agitate but don't drain and don't spin

Exclamation Whirlpool Washer does agitate but don't drain and don't spin

Model Number: LA6300XSW0
    Brand: Whirlpool

I try to bypass the lid switch, wash cycle ( does agitate properly) but in drain mode does not drain the water and just making clicking noise. Does not spin...

there is no clogs in water outlet line nor any cloths in pump.

I check the motor coupler and clutch both look good..

this happens in any selection of Load..

It just make the clicking noise only after wash cycle..

Is any thing wrong with the timer control?????

Give me some ideas please....

Thanks a lot..

Where is this clicking noise coming from?
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Ryan View Post
    Where is this clicking noise coming from?
    I feel that clicking noise coming from bottom not from the control board.

As I said washer does agitate but after that it just give low humming noise from bottom and I can hear that clicking noise for each cycle. The timer knob does advance itself for each cycle too.

Thanks

There are a few different things that could be causing your problem. It sounds like the motor might be humming like it is trying to turn? If something is binding up in the transmission or drain pump it could stop the motor from turning. Make sure you can rotate the motor coupler on the transmission by hand in both directions. Also turn the drain pump and make sure that is rotating freely. If that checks out okay, then you could have a motor, timer, capacitor, or wiring problem. Look at the wiring connector that plugs into the motor, make sure there are no burning or arcing marks on it.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Ryan View Post
    There are a few different things that could be causing your problem. It sounds like the motor might be humming like it is trying to turn? If something is binding up in the transmission or drain pump it could stop the motor from turning. Make sure you can rotate the motor coupler on the transmission by hand in both directions. Also turn the drain pump and make sure that is rotating freely. If that checks out okay, then you could have a motor, timer, capacitor, or wiring problem. Look at the wiring connector that plugs into the motor, make sure there are no burning or arcing marks on it.
    I check that motor connection and found that the connector that plugs into the motor have two pins burned out (the color is dark brown). What should I do now...?..

Quote Originally Posted by ankit143 View Post
    I check that motor connection and found that the connector that plugs into the motor have two pins burned out (the color is dark brown). What should I do now...?..
    Before the timer knob advance normally to each a cycle and now it does not it just stop after agitate.

The burned wire connector is what is likely causing your problems. The wire harness is no longer available from the manufacture for your washer, so your only option is to try to repair your existing wiring harness. With the washer unplugged, you might have able to cut off the burned wires and connect them directly to the motor, bypassing the plug.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com