Thread: Frigidaire Frigerator flashing #4

Frigidaire Frigerator flashing #4

Model Number: FFHS2322MSO
    Brand: Frigidaire

My refrigerator is about 1 1/2 years old. Twice now the freezer stopped cooling and everything thawed. The first time I unplugged it and plugged it back in and it started working again. That was several weeks ago. Came home today and everything is thawing again. The frig display is flashing the number 4. I understand that this is a damper motor issue. It doesn't make sense to me that the damper would stop the freezer from cooling. My understanding is the freezer cools off of the compressor and the damper regulates the temp for the fridge side. I have no problem with replacing the damper motor but i would like to be reasonably sure that it's the problem. Would something else cause a flashing 4 and make the freezer not cool? When I came home and the freezer was thawing, a fan seemed to be running but not the compressor. Any help would be appreciated. Frig is a Frigidaire model FFHS2322MSO.

When the refrigerator sees the damper failure, it goes into a safe mode and also stops the freezer from cooling until the code is cleared. I think this is done so things won't freeze in the refrigerator section and cause more damage. The blinking number 4 can be caused by a bad damper or a bad control board. Most commonly, we see the failure is with the damper. Let me know what you find.

This is the damper for your refrigerator:

Damper Control Assembly - Part # PD00000313 (mfg # 241600905)
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter