Thread: kenmore elect dryer wont start

kenmore elect dryer wont start

Model Number: 110.87081601
    Brand: Sears Kenmore

I am checking out a dryer that has power from oulet to dryer but nothing happens when start button is depressed. I checked thermo cut off pt 3392519 checked out all other thermostats plus thermister and am going to check circuit board any suggestions will really be appreciated asap thanks guys and gals if i find the problem i will let you know asap so someone else with same problem can help their selves

So the dryer powers up and you can select the cycle, but nothing happens when you press the start button? Have you checked the door switch? Are you holding the start button down for 3 seconds?
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

no doc the dryer does not power up where you can select cycle it does have power to drum lite i hold start button for 3 or more seconds i found the teck sheet and will test manana
    i read the teck sheet and the UI power cube is $95.00 the MACHINR CONTROL ELECTRONICS BOARD IS $21.00 THE CONSOLE ELECTRONIOCS AND HOUSING ASSEMBLY IS $160 IT SAYS IF LITES DONT COME ON REPLACE CONSOLEELECTRONICS AND HOUSING ASSEMBLY IF THIS DONT WORK THEN REPLACEMACHINE CONTROL ELECTRONICS IF THIS DONT FIX IT REPLACE UI POWER CUBE THIS DONT ADD UP TO MUCH BECAUSE THE CUSTOMER WILL PROABLY GO BUY A NEW DRYER OH THE MACHINE ELECTRONIC BOARD IS $210.00 NOT $21 ANYWAY I REALLY APPRECIATE YOU INPUT GOOD NITE

I am also assuming that you checked the power input into the dryer at the outlet and where the cord attaches? If that checks out, then I agree with your diagnosis of the problem.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

thanks doc she said to junk the unit and i did