Thread: No Power on Samsung electric dryer

No Power on Samsung electric dryer

Model Number: DV219AEWXAA0000
    Brand: Samsung

My dryer will not power on, no lights, nothing. The dryer was turning off randomly before it quit then one day it just wouldn't do anything. So this is what I have done so far and i have a guess as to the problem, but i want some opinions before i do anything.

Checked breaker - not tripped, cycled it and still nothing
    checked outlet - pulled plug out a bit and touched multimeter to prongs and its getting power
    checked power cord connection at dryer - seems to be getting power at the terminals

So to me this means it's in the dryer somewhere. Can a thermostat stop power to the entire dryer? Seems like it would still have the display work. But I get nothing at all, no beeps, lights or anything.

Is there anything else that can do this in the dryer? If there is, I can not figure out what it would be.

Thanks for the help...

A thermostat will not stop power to the entire dryer. Do you have a multimeter or voltmeter that you can use to check to see if you have power at the outlet?
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

Power trouble

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Ryan View Post
    A thermostat will not stop power to the entire dryer. Do you have a multimeter or voltmeter that you can use to check to see if you have power at the outlet?
    I did that. I checked the outlet where it comes into the house, and the other end of the cord where it connects to the dryer. That all seems to be fine.

With the dryer unplugged, inspect the wiring and wire connections that go to the control boards. Look for any loose connections or burned/broken wires. Inspect the main control board and user interface and see if they have any burn spots on them. If everything checks out okay, then you could have a failure of either of the main control board or user interface control board. The most common control board to fail is the main control board.

This is the main control board for your dryer:

Main Control Board - DC92-00160A
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

Fighting this problem myself. I know the thermistor is bad. Would that cause no power to the display? I have power to the door switch. It looks like from the door switch the wiring goes back to the main board before going to the user interface. Is that correct?