Thread: Frigidaire dishwasher model PLD3465REC0, blinking

Unhappy Frigidaire dishwasher model PLD3465REC0, blinking

Model Number: PLD3465REC0
    Brand: Frigidaire

Hi,

I had some issues with my dishwasher and wondering what part should I order next.. I already replaced 2 parts I am now confused,

First my dishwasher had no more display on the touchpad for a while but still working, one day we noticed it stopped in the middle of the cycle with blinking. ( I dont know what because I didnt have a touchpad screen working clearly). I then changed the front touchpad (only) has the top touchpad to select cycles is seperate. Then the screen was now reading clearly. it started a cycle but then after a while stopped displaying the current cycle and time left for a while and then blinked basically all the messages from the display at the same time with the letters (Er).

I then replaced the control board, the old one had some green corrosion between contact, now When I press the different buttons from the top touchpad it nows follows trough showing green led at least but i cannot activated the test sequence ( with start + no Heat-dry for 1.5s). Seems no heat dry not responding. Anyhow the washing cycles started but then again the same issue with blinking.

I then unassembled again the door, verified the power line connections , seems ok, I checked the resistance of the drain pump was 25ohm, and I measured the motor pump, there was 2 connector , one 3 wires and a 2 wires, I unplugged the 2 wire and checked the with multimeter touching the motor pump 2 wire terminal. Resistance is 542 Kohm.

Seems very high is that normal? Did I check at the right place? Does it confirm I need a new motor pump? Just strange that randomly the dishwasher seems top operate before it blinks , even tough I read this resistance..

Any help would be appreciate before I order agaon some part

Did the pump seem like it was having any issues before you started having these problems?

If there was green corrosion on the old control board, that means moisture got in there somehow and that is likely the root of your problems. Moisture and electronics do not get along well together. The Er code on the display is an error code. It will either blink Er and then another set of digits for the error code, or there is even an Er/Er error code. The Er/Er error code indicates a switch failure (which I think means a keypad switch).

And you haven't replaced the top keypad switch yet, have you?
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Ryan View Post
    Did the pump seem like it was having any issues before you started having these problems?

If there was green corrosion on the old control board, that means moisture got in there somehow and that is likely the root of your problems. Moisture and electronics do not get along well together. The Er code on the display is an error code. It will either blink Er and then another set of digits for the error code, or there is even an Er/Er error code. The Er/Er error code indicates a switch failure (which I think means a keypad switch).

And you haven't replaced the top keypad switch yet, have you?
    Thank you for the answering, Doc Ryan, correct I didnt change the top keypad switch yet, as you are mentionning moisture may have damage it like it did for the front keypad. I guess I should gop ahead and change it. Have a part nbr in stock? The mototr pumo didnt give me any sign of damage , i dont understand why i got that high resistance maybe i didnt measure at the right contact point..

I haven't seen Frigidaire publish the specifications to ohm out there pump motors. The part number for the top overlay and switch assembly is 154489203, and we have them in stock. Let us know how it turns out for you.

Overlay & Switch Assembly - 154489203
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter