Thread: Maytag Icemaker Issues

Maytag Icemaker Issues

Model Number: MFD2561HEB
    Brand: Maytag

Hello
    Once again I am having issues with my Maytag icemaker and am hoping someone can share some insight as to what might be going on. The first two times I had issues with the ice maker I simply replaced it and was operational again with no issues. I replaced my non functioning ice maker a week ago (with a new part from Parts DR.) and have not been able to get it to release the ice from the mold. The following are the steps I have taken so far.
    1. Replaced non-functioning ice maker with new part Ice Maker Assembly - D7824706Q
    2. Checked for 120V and it is present
    3. Manually started harvest cycle and it ejected finished cubes.
    4. Ensured that the arm is in the correct position to make ice

It seems to be calling for water and filling the tray but when the ice is ready it doesn't seem to want to eject the cubes. is it possible I simply got a new part that is DOA? Could the issue be related to the water fill solenoids? I checked the resistance on the solenoids and one reads around 230 ohms and the other reads 190 ohms. Does any one know what those should be for a new part? The water dispenser is working fine and I replaced the filter about a week ago.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much and enjoy your weekend

Ottoman001

It's possible that the new ice maker is defective, but not very common. Here are a few things to check. First, check to make sure the freezer is cooling to the proper temperature. The ice maker will not dump out the ice in the mold until it has gotten cold enough. Check to make sure the freezer door switch is working properly. If the door switch is broken, it might thing the drawer is open which does not let it produce ice. Let me know what you find.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Ryan View Post
    It's possible that the new ice maker is defective, but not very common. Here are a few things to check. First, check to make sure the freezer is cooling to the proper temperature. The ice maker will not dump out the ice in the mold until it has gotten cold enough. Check to make sure the freezer door switch is working properly. If the door switch is broken, it might thing the drawer is open which does not let it produce ice. Let me know what you find.
    Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I had to engage the door switch to see the 120V at the test points and to manually start the harvest operation. I assume this is normal behavior. As for the temperature it is reading 0 on the display and when I tried speed ice setting it got down to -6. The items in the freezer are frozen and it appears to be getting cold enough. Thanks again

Ottoman001

Generally Maytag refrigerator has a common issue that is the model has an adaptive defrost control board, which is probably bad, then we have to test and find out it. For that one need a volt meter to check the damage component.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnsleo View Post
    Generally Maytag refrigerator has a common issue that is the model has an adaptive defrost control board, which is probably bad, then we have to test and find out it. For that one need a volt meter to check the damage component.
    Hello
    Thanks for the reply. I have a volt meter and am ready to test. Where do I locate this part and how do i test? Thanks so much

Ottoman001

Quote Originally Posted by ottoman001 View Post
    Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I had to engage the door switch to see the 120V at the test points and to manually start the harvest operation. I assume this is normal behavior. As for the temperature it is reading 0 on the display and when I tried speed ice setting it got down to -6. The items in the freezer are frozen and it appears to be getting cold enough. Thanks again

Ottoman001
    From the tests you have made, it sounds like the new ice maker could be defective. Here is a link to the part warranty information and we can warranty out the defective ice maker for you: http://www.partsdr.com/pages/Part-Warranty.cfm
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter