Thread: Duet dryer will power on but won't start drying

Question Duet dryer will power on but won't start drying

Model Number: wed9200SQ0
    Brand: Whirlpool

I have a Whirlpool Duet dryer that will power on, let me change settings, but never start drying clothes. I am thinking it may be the control panel, but I'm really not sure. Suggestions?

You will want to check that the door switch is working correctly and that the small white thermal fuse next to the blower is not blown. Let me know what you find.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

Hi, Doc Ryan, our Whirlpool Duet Dryer makes the clicking sound that goes along with locking the door and the "Sensing" light turns on but nothing else happens no matter what cycle we are trying to use. We get an "88" code after quickly alternating the "More Time, Less Time" sequence followed by a "03" code when we open the dryer door. We cleaned the moisture sensors inside the dryer and get an "05" code when we cover the sensor strips with our fingers. Have also seen an occasional "07" code as well. We replaced the thermal disk and verified that the thermal fuse is good. Any advice on where to go from here?

Quote Originally Posted by kyes View Post
    Hi, Doc Ryan, our Whirlpool Duet Dryer makes the clicking sound that goes along with locking the door and the "Sensing" light turns on but nothing else happens no matter what cycle we are trying to use. We get an "88" code after quickly alternating the "More Time, Less Time" sequence followed by a "03" code when we open the dryer door. We cleaned the moisture sensors inside the dryer and get an "05" code when we cover the sensor strips with our fingers. Have also seen an occasional "07" code as well. We replaced the thermal disk and verified that the thermal fuse is good. Any advice on where to go from here?
    What is the model number of your dryer? What part numbers have you replaced?
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter