Thread: Freezer was fine, no cool in refrig compartment. Tested board & now fridge won't run

Freezer was fine, no cool in refrig compartment. Tested board & now fridge won't run

Model Number: GTS22IBMCC
    Brand: GE

Hello,

I'm new to the forum and this is my first post. As the new owner of an older home I'm sure I will be on here frequently as I find more and more appliance related issues here.

I need to address an urgent issue since refrigeration is so important.

When we moved in a week ago the freezer in our refrigerator was working fine but not much cold air was getting into the refrigerator compartment. The coils were also frosting up. I realized that the evaporator fan wasn't coming on and was probably the source of my problem.

After doing some internet research I came across some information that had me test for continuity and voltage on the board. I disconnected the plugs as shown in a video on YouTube and I tested to see if I was getting continuity to components and voltage to the fan. It appeared that the fan was the culprit but the board was ok from my tests.

When I reconnected the board and turned the refrigerator back on nothing happens. The compressor is no longer kicking on and there obviously is no freezer working. Is it possible I did something wrong when testing the board? I assume the board was ok prior to the tests since the compressor was working then. I am also assuming that the compressor is also controlled by the board.

Bottom line is that I need to do something immediately. I see where I can order a new board, if indeed I need one, and a new fan as well. My only concern is if I actually need a board or if I am simply doing something wrong with this one. Perhaps something happened to the connectors when removing them. The blue one was quite stuck and took a lot of effort to remove. Anyway to test the connectors themselves?

Also, I'm not clear on which board to buy because the model number that I got off the back of the refrigerator doesn't seem to be an exact match to other model numbers. Many similar ones but none that I can find for GTS22IBMCC.

Any help as quickly as possible would be most appreciated.

Thanks to all,

Rick

Anyone able to help? 20 views and no replies

Just checking back to see if anyone has any input on my issue.

I can see where 20 people have taken a look but no responses so I'm assuming this one is a toughie.

Any help would be most appreciated since we are going on 3 days with no refrigeration and living out of a cooler.

Thanks!

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by absoluteze View Post
    Model Number:
    Brand: Brand

Model Number: GTS22IBMCC
    Brand: GE

Hello,

I'm new to the forum and this is my first post. As the new owner of an older home I'm sure I will be on here frequently as I find more and more appliance related issues here.

I need to address an urgent issue since refrigeration is so important.

When we moved in a week ago the freezer in our refrigerator was working fine but not much cold air was getting into the refrigerator compartment. The coils were also frosting up. I realized that the evaporator fan wasn't coming on and was probably the source of my problem.

After doing some internet research I came across some information that had me test for continuity and voltage on the board. I disconnected the plugs as shown in a video on YouTube and I tested to see if I was getting continuity to components and voltage to the fan. It appeared that the fan was the culprit but the board was ok from my tests.

When I reconnected the board and turned the refrigerator back on nothing happens. The compressor is no longer kicking on and there obviously is no freezer working. Is it possible I did something wrong when testing the board? I assume the board was ok prior to the tests since the compressor was working then. I am also assuming that the compressor is also controlled by the board.

Bottom line is that I need to do something immediately. I see where I can order a new board, if indeed I need one, and a new fan as well. My only concern is if I actually need a board or if I am simply doing something wrong with this one. Perhaps something happened to the connectors when removing them. The blue one was quite stuck and took a lot of effort to remove. Anyway to test the connectors themselves?

Also, I'm not clear on which board to buy because the model number that I got off the back of the refrigerator doesn't seem to be an exact match to other model numbers. Many similar ones but none that I can find for GTS22IBMCC.

Any help as quickly as possible would be most appreciated.

Thanks to all,

Rick

Your model number is not coming up for me. Can you double check it for me please? Make sure to read the full model number from the model and serial number tag on the inside of the refrigerator. When plugging the refrigerator back in, make sure you leave it for 15 minutes. Some models the compressor will not turn on for up to 15 mins.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter