Model Number: GTS22IBMCC
Brand: GE

Hello,

I'm new to the forum and this is my first post. As the new owner of an older home I'm sure I will be on here frequently as I find more and more appliance related issues here.

I need to address an urgent issue since refrigeration is so important.

When we moved in a week ago the freezer in our refrigerator was working fine but not much cold air was getting into the refrigerator compartment. The coils were also frosting up. I realized that the evaporator fan wasn't coming on and was probably the source of my problem.

After doing some internet research I came across some information that had me test for continuity and voltage on the board. I disconnected the plugs as shown in a video on YouTube and I tested to see if I was getting continuity to components and voltage to the fan. It appeared that the fan was the culprit but the board was ok from my tests.

When I reconnected the board and turned the refrigerator back on nothing happens. The compressor is no longer kicking on and there obviously is no freezer working. Is it possible I did something wrong when testing the board? I assume the board was ok prior to the tests since the compressor was working then. I am also assuming that the compressor is also controlled by the board.

Bottom line is that I need to do something immediately. I see where I can order a new board, if indeed I need one, and a new fan as well. My only concern is if I actually need a board or if I am simply doing something wrong with this one. Perhaps something happened to the connectors when removing them. The blue one was quite stuck and took a lot of effort to remove. Anyway to test the connectors themselves?

Also, I'm not clear on which board to buy because the model number that I got off the back of the refrigerator doesn't seem to be an exact match to other model numbers. Many similar ones but none that I can find for GTS22IBMCC.

Any help as quickly as possible would be most appreciated.

Thanks to all,

Rick