Thread: KitchenAid on the blink

KitchenAid on the blink

Model Number: KUDI02IRWH3
    Brand: KitchenAid

KitchenAid dishwasher control panel is not working - random lights blinking. Pulled the circuit board out, (which is Whirlpool #8575277), and I see burn marks around pin P9, labeled Pilot_L1 BU-R. This is on the large 3 pin plug. Since I am don't know a lot about electronics, I am wondering if this burn was caused by the circuit board itself, which needs to be replaced either way, or if this in an input pin, which may have surged from another component in the dishwasher, which may actually be causing the problem? Don't want to throw another board in and have it happen again, if the problem is elsewhere.

It sounds like you might have more than one issue going on with your dishwasher. Since you can see the burn mark on the pin and control board, that is where you will have to start. According to my information, P9 goes the heating element and circulation pump. You will want to look for a bad connection and/or wiring on the heating element or circulation pump, this can draw high amperage and burn out the control board. The random lights blinking can be an error code, this may also guide you in the right direction. There should be a tech sheet located behind the lower kick panel, this will have the schematic and error codes for the dishwasher. Let me know what you find.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter