Thread: Touchpad issues

Touchpad issues

Model Number: KGRT607HBSA
    Brand: KitchenAid

Hi - I have a KitchenAid Superba gas convection oven/range which has been a reliable appliance up until a few months ago when I began experiencing some problems with the touchpad.
    What happens is that the BAKE button will not respond to fingertip touch consistently. Sometimes it will work, other times it will start in Convection mode. Sometimes if I rub my finger on my clothes (to heat it up) it will work properly.
    Would this be a touchpad replacement or is it something else. I really like this range as it cooks "superbly".
    Thanks.

Can you double check the last digit in the model number for me? It should be a number instead of an A.

Usually this type of problem is caused by a failure in the touchpad. In some rare instances I have seen the control board that the touchpad plugs into cause the problem.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Ryan View Post
    Can you double check the last digit in the model number for me? It should be a number instead of an A.

Usually this type of problem is caused by a failure in the touchpad. In some rare instances I have seen the control board that the touchpad plugs into cause the problem.
    Thanks for speedy reply. The last digit is "4". The old eyeballs are not what they used to be....
    Would this possibly be a cleaning issue? Would dismantling the control panel and wiping it down help any?
    Thanks.

You can try cleaning it and you can also try re-seating the ribbon cable to see if that makes a difference. It looks like a lot of the parts for your range have been discontinued. They don't sell the main control board anymore, and the touchpad control panel is only available in black (i'm not sure what color you need).

This is the touchpad control panel assembly for your model (black is the only color available):

Control Panel (Black) - 9781973CB
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter