Thread: Samsung Refrigerator Problems Ice Maker and Leak in Deli Drawer

Samsung Refrigerator Problems Ice Maker and Leak in Deli Drawer

Model Number: RF267ABRS
    Brand: Samsung

I have a Samsung Refrigerator and Washer/Dryer. I have nothing but problems with the Refrigerator. It was listed as a Consumer's Report Best Buy and there are definite issues. The problem I have is the drains. I have water collecting under the deli drawer. I have had service out twice for that same problem in the past 6 months. The first time they replaced the drain hoses that mice got to and it was froze up so they had to wait till it defrosted to access it further. They APPARENTLY cleared the drain and I didn't have the problem until about 2 1/2 months ago again. They told me the drain were not cleared properly repeated the fix and told me I shouldn't have the problem again. I noticed they did the exact same thing they charged me for the last time so they made an adjustment to the bill. Last week the problem started again and I am at wits end. Third time same issue. If I can do it myself I would just as soon not have to pay someone to come out. There has to be a fix for it.
    As to the other issue; The ice maker makes this clicking noise every couple of seconds. Ice production is low and the cubes are small. The model I have is experiencing issues reported on the previous model RF267AARS. What do I do to fix it, so I don't have to go on making my own ice. I never even hear the water running. Just the clicking and drop of 5 or 6 cubes every 45 minutes or so. I have a basic Sears refrigerator in my basement and it works GREAT! It cost a 1/4 what the Samsung did.

When the ice maker starts clicking, the ice maker has a failure and you will need to replace the ice maker. I don't have an easy answer for your defrost drain problem. After the line was fixed and thawed out, can you pour water down the drain freely?

This is the ice maker for your model refrigerator:

Ice Maker - DA97-05422A
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter