Model Number: WED6200SW1
Brand: Whirlpool

Whirlpool Electric Dryer – Cabrio – model # WED6200SW1 (3 years old)

History: Clothe was getting too hot and the dryer not automatically shutting off when finished. After a couple weeks, the dryer stopped. I checked the Thermal Fuse (#3392519) which is mounted on the duct housing coming from the blower. It was blown. I “assumed” that the Thermistor (#85774274), (sometimes called duct thermostat or internal-bias Thermistor) also located on the outside of the duct housing, was bad. I replaced both the thermal fuse and Thermistor. Apparently the Thermistor, was not bad since I measured the resistance of the new thermistor and compared it to the original thermistor and they both had a resistance of approximate 10,500 ohms at room temperature. Anyway, we tried the dryer again and the clothes overheated and the next day the Thermal Fuse blew again. This time I ordered another thermal fuse and also replace the High Limit Thermostat (# 8577891). It is rated 126.7oC and 37.7oC. (NOTE THIS THERMOSTAT also has another 2 connectors which feed into the lower voltage section of the control panel). After receiving the new High Limit Thermostat, I determine that the both the old and new Thermostat have the same resistance (0 ohms across the main thermostat and 47,000 ohms across the small thermistor). Anyway, since I already purchased it, I replaced it. The dryer worked for part of a cycle, the cloth still got to hot and the thermal fuse blew again. The heating element looks perfect and measures 11.3 ohms. The Thermal cutoff switch (located 1 foot above the heating element) also appears good. It measures 0 ohms.
Now that I replaced both (a) the High Limit Thermostat and (b) the Thermistor (i.e Internal-Bias Thermistor or duct thermostat), what else could be causing the problem.?
Thanks