Thread: Whirlpool duet sport f-20 issue

Whirlpool duet sport f-20 issue

Model Number: Wfw8300sw02
    Brand: Whirlpool

Hi,

I've been having an issue with my whirlpool duet washer giving me an f-20 fault first on regular wash and not quick wash but now it's doing it on both. I think it might be a water inlet valve issue or pressure switch issue but wanted to check with all of you. The machine does get some water when it starts the cycle and sometimes gets most of the way through. The water inlet valve does sound like it is straining pretty hard to fill though. Also on another note, has anyone determined a way to keep the machine from smelling after every wash? I've tried everything I could find. I cleaned out the drain filter and it was clear but it was solid black from what I can only assume is mold?

Thanks!

Is the washer filling up with both hot and cold water? Sometimes one of the sides (hot or cold) of the water inlet valve will stop working which will let the washer function but not function correctly. Many newer washer use all cold rinses, so it will allow it to fill up at the first part of the cycle, but when it gets to the rinse cycle the cold valve might now be working and the washer stops at that point. Most newer washers mix the hot and cold water while filling to reach a more precise and consistent temperature, so that makes it harder to determine which part is bad. Let me know what you find is causing the problem. I also posted the manufactures information on this error code below.

This is the water valve for your model washer:

Water Inlet Valve - Part # PD00003021 (mfg # 8540751)

F-20 Error - NO WATER DETECTED ENTERING MACHINE OR PRESSURE SWITCH TRIP NOT DETECTED.

The pressure switch is not tripped after 6 minutes.

Possible Causes/Procedure

If there is no water in the unit:
    – Make sure that both valves at the water source(s) are turned on all the way.
    – Check for plugged or kinked inlet hoses or plugged screens in the inlet valves.
    – Verify inlet valve operation.

If there is water in the unit:
    – Verify drain pump operation.
    – Verify that the pressure switch hose is in good condition and properly connected to tub and pressure switch.
    1. Verify there is not a siphon problem.
    2. Press PAUSE/CANCEL twice to clear the display. The machine will drain for 3 minutes before unlocking the door.
    3. Unplug washer or disconnect power.
    4. Verify wire harness connections to inlet valves, pressure switch, drain pump and Central Control Unit (CCU).
    5. Check all hoses for possible leaks.
    6. Plug in washer or reconnect power
    7. Verify pressure switch operation.
    8. Verify CCU operation by running a Diagnostic Test or any cycle.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter