Thread: Kenmore 417.44072300 Wont agitate or spin at all. It fills and drains ok.

Kenmore 417.44072300 Wont agitate or spin at all. It fills and drains ok.

Model Number: 417.44072300
    Brand: Sears Kenmore

Hey folks, I just need to know if the motor is bad or the speed controller. I know the motor is getting some kind of power, I used a hot line detector and when the controller is whining (I think its the controller whining) and then if you spin the drum from the pully side by hand the motor will take over. But if leave it alone it will not aggitate or spin at all.

I have the back cover off and am trying to replace only the bad part.

A little history, well I just had to replace the rear tub assy due to a bearing failure. When I put it back together it ran great for about two months.

If there are any procedures for testing the parts with multimeters please let me know what needs to be checked and the tolerances.

Thanks for all the help.

Gary

Alot of times we see the motor go bad, which then burns out the motor speed control board. So both parts need to be replaced. Did you find the service sheet inside the washer? This should have the testing information to diagnose the problem.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

Well I am going to order both parts. I have ordered from parts dr before and the prices seem fair. I will try and report back when I find the actual problem. I am thinking you are right, both are the culprit.

I tested the board using the tech sheet. It only had 20 and went down to 1 v.a.c. between pins 5-6, it should have had 120 consistantly when switching the motor on and off.

Thanks, you confirmed what I was thinking.
    Gary

It sounds like you have diagnosed the problem. Let me know how the repair goes for you.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter