Thread: GE Profile Ice Maker Drips

GE Profile Ice Maker Drips

Model Number: PSC23NGPCWW
    Brand: GE

I have a GE Profile PSC23NGPCWW side by side unit that has the issue. The ice maker drips that causes an ice build up underneath the housing left of the ice cube tray eventually dripping down the back of the freezer after build up. It appears that the cube tray may be slightly overfilling. So far I have replaced the valve thinking it was leaky but it has not stopped the problem. Any other ideas on a fix? Is there a way to shorten how long the water runs into the ice maker tray?

On the front right side of the ice maker above the on/off switch, there should be a small cover. Remove this cover to expose the adjustment screw. One revolution of the screw adjusts the water fill by 1 second. It has arrows showing which way to turn it + or -

It is also possible that the ice maker is bad. If nothing has change on the refrigerator,ice maker, or water pressure in your house, then it shouldn't have just started filling up with more water unless something is wrong with the ice maker. Look in your owners manual for your refrigerator, they usually list the recommended water pressure for the refrigerator. If that is good, then the ice make might need to be replaced. The replacement part number for the ice maker is WR30X10093.

Ice Maker Assembly - Part # PD00000998 (mfg # WR30X10093)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WR30X10093_3.jpg  
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

I took the maker out and there are no adjustments anywhere. A circuit board is behind the only cover on the unit and there are no adjustments. The part number on my maker is WR30X10044. I take it that the new unit has an adjustment for sure doesn't it?

It might be a new feature that the have added to the new ice makers. You can see the cover for the adjustment screw in the above picture, left side, middle of the ice maker.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

I am trying to remove this model ice maker from my GE Profile and the two screws that attach the unit to the back wall will not budge. I tried several sizes of Philips screwdrivers; I used an electric drill; and I've even tried squirting some penetrating oil on them. Has anyone experienced this and found a solution?

The two phillips screws normally remove very easily with a standard phillips screwdriver. If they aren't moving, they could be rusted in place and they might take more force to remove.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Ryan View Post
    The two phillips screws normally remove very easily with a standard phillips screwdriver. If they aren't moving, they could be rusted in place and they might take more force to remove.
    I agree, but I've not found a way to apply more torque without having the screwdriver come out of the screw head. I've never encountered something like this inside a frig.