Thread: [FIXED] Whirlpool Dryer not drying....

[FIXED] Whirlpool Dryer not drying....

Model Number: LGB6300PW0
    Brand: Whirlpool

Hello Ryan.... You helped me troubleshoot and find an issue with my refrigerator and I bought a part off of you to remedy the issue and was hoping you might be able to do the same with my dryer now.

At first, the heat was intermittent and now it no longer heats at all, but dryer spins fine. Made sure all vents in the dryer were clear of lint, wheel is turning as it should. Tried running without the ventilation tube attached to dryer and it did not not help either. Gas line is fine. We can hear the ignitor clicking, but not sure if it is lighting correctly.

Any suggestions to help troubleshoot from here??

Thank You,
    Paul

On the front lower left of the dryer is small plastic square that you can remove to view what the ignitor and gas valve are doing. Remove the cover and start the dryer and let it run for a few minutes. Let me know what you observe.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

Hey Ryan... Thanks for your reply. So here are my results:

After starting the dryer and looking through, the pipe or coil turned orange inside after about 20 second, stayed orange for about 20 seconds, went dark, turned orange at the 5 minute mark for about 20 seconds, went dark. Cold air coming out the vent in the back.

Please let me know if you need any further info.

Thank You,
    Paul

First, check to make sure that the gas supply did not get turned off to the dryer and that you have gas going to the dryer. If that is good, then you most likely either have bad gas coils or a bad gas valve. With the dryer unplugged and gas coils removed from the dryer, you can try using an ohm meter to test the coils (see the attached chart below). This test is not always conclusive, so we recommend to start by replacing the gas coils since they are not too expensive. Let me know what you find.

This is the gas valve coil kit for your model dryer:

Gas Valve Coil Set - Part # PD00002350 (mfg # 279834)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails gascoilohm.jpg  
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Thanks Ryan. Considering how cheap the part was, I went ahead and ordered one, especially with the test not being 100% conclusive. I will update once I get the part delivered and installed.

Thanks again!

Paul

Sounds good Paul, let me know how it works for you.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

Hey Ryan... The parts arrived yesterday and I got around to replacing the coils in the dryer after work today, then ran the dryer and it heated right up. Then I ran a load in the washer, threw it in the dryer and it was dry in around 30 mins. This is the second time you were able to help me fix one of my major appliances and I want to thank you for your help in diagnosing the issue, your fair rates on parts and speedy delivery of the part. Please mark this one as fixed!

Thank You,
    Paul

Great to hear Paul! I am glad it was the gas coils and not the gas valve that was causing the problem. I updated this to FIXED!
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

This thread was very handy to help a guy with two left thumbs fix his dryer. Thanks for the help. -Sully

Quote Originally Posted by davidsullivan317 View Post
    This thread was very handy to help a guy with two left thumbs fix his dryer. Thanks for the help. -Sully
    Great to hear!
    Ryan

PartsDr.com