Thread: Samsung Dryer error code df and timer problems

Samsung Dryer error code df and timer problems

Model Number: DV338AEW/XAA
    Brand: Samsung

Our Samsung dryer will not function and shows error code df which is door related. This error is intermittent. I replaced the door switch but this didn't permanately solve the problem. It also has a timer problem where it will jump from 22 minutes to 1 minute then stop. I was told by the tech. that the main controller board is bad and needed t be replaced. Does this sound reasonable? I have ordered the main control board and plan to install it myself. Is this difficult?

Replacing the main control board worked!

I'm going to answer my own questions since I didn't get any replies. Replacing the main control board worked and it was pretty simple to install.
    Make sure you disconnect and reconnect the various cables one by one from the old unit to the new unit or take pictures of the board or both
    so that you avoid confusion on what goes where. It took 10 minutes to install the new main control board and I saved $150 in mark up and labor
    by getting it off the internet. That was after paying for next day air. Be sure you order the correct part # because electronics/electrical part are
    not returnable.

Quote Originally Posted by skoch56 View Post
    Model Number: DV338AEW/XAA
    Brand: Samsung

Our Samsung dryer will not function and shows error code df which is door related. This error is intermittent. I replaced the door switch but this didn't permanately solve the problem. It also has a timer problem where it will jump from 22 minutes to 1 minute then stop. I was told by the tech. that the main controller board is bad and needed t be replaced. Does this sound reasonable? I have ordered the main control board and plan to install it myself. Is this difficult?

Thank you for updating us and letting us know what the cause of the problem was.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter