Thread: Ice forming under freezer drawer

Unhappy Ice forming under freezer drawer

Model Number: ADORA DFSF9VKBAWW
    Brand: GE

Ice has been forming under the freezer drawer (french door model). This began about two months ago and once the ice reaches near the front of the fridge it thaws and drips onto the floor. I have been lightly tapping the ice forming and removing it. The fridge was installed about one year ago. This was never a problem until recently. I see frozen drops of water coming out of the back bottom vent in the freezer section when the drawer is pulled completely out. I have hardwood floors so I am very concerned

The ice/water is most likely coming from the defrost drain. I would unplug the refrigerator, and remove the back panel in the refrigerator section. At the bottom of the evaporator coil, you should see a drain. If the drain is frozen or clogged, you will need to remove the ice and pour hot water down the drain to clear it. The drain is at the bottom of #96 in the attached diagram. There is also a water tank reservoir #110 that could possibly leak when you use the water dispenser. I would check that out too. Let me know what you find.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DFSF9VKBAWW.jpg  
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

Will this advice and attached diagram also apply to a Kitchenaid French door fridge? Same problem happening here after two years of running perfectly. Thanks! Maylegolf

Yes I would check the defrost drain in the freezer section on your refrigerator.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter