Thread: Maytag high voltage control board programming not taking

Maytag high voltage control board programming not taking

Model Number: 12920710
    Brand: Maytag

I just got my control board 12920710. I installed it and tried to program it. I go through the steps okay and get to the part where it now says PE1 411 and there is a "." at the end showing that is the last digit entered. Then when I push and hold the freezer - button it just beeps and doesn't do anything. It continues to show the PE1 411 with the "." at the end. I don't think it's accepting it. But it is definitely the Code 1411 on the inside of my frigerator.

I am doing all this with the doors open as suggested. HELP?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails controlboard.jpg  

Unless any DR experts can help I'm going with another solution. the code in my fridge says 1411 and that doesn't seem to be working. I did some Google searching and found someone else who tried 0302 and that worked for them. So I went ahead and tried to enter 0302 and then hit the dash symbol for the down on the freezer. It did except the code and then showed zero and 38 as my degrees. That article also said after you do this you should unplug the frigerator for 10 seconds and then plug it back in for the compressor to start. Everything seemed to work fine and now my stuff is freezing and frigerator is cooling off. But why the heck would the original code in my frigerator of 1411 not work. Some expert should know.

Okay, although the refrigerator and freezer are working the ice maker is not working. Does anyone still have any ideas on why the original code wouldn't work.

Any experts have anything on this???

Have not heard from anyone. Arent there any experts that have ideas on why this is happening.
    Quote Originally Posted by cmschu View Post
    Okay, although the refrigerator and freezer are working the ice maker is not working. Does anyone still have any ideas on why the original code wouldn't work.

Yes I do know why you are having issues. The control board that you order is not the correct one for your serial number refrigerator. The correct control board for your model and serial number is part number W10310240. See the link below.

High Voltage Control Board - W10310240
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

You have to search by model number MFI2568AES12 because of your serial number to locate the correct parts for your model and serial number.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

New board not taking 1411 code

Quote Originally Posted by cmschu View Post
    Have not heard from anyone. Arent there any experts that have ideas on why this is happening.
    Hi there is your fridge is working now. I had the same problem that you had. Which board did you change?
    Thanks

Hi
    I had the same issue. I got the same board 12920710, and it wouldnt take the code 1411. I tried 0302 as suggested here, and it worked. Everything seems to work, water dispenser/fridge/freezer. i dont use the ice despenser, so not sure about that. Has anyone who has tried this 0302 code in a maytag that wanted the 1411 code had any adverse issues?

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Ryan View Post
    You have to search by model number MFI2568AES12 because of your serial number to locate the correct parts for your model and serial number.
    Hello, I am in the same boat. I had to replace the HV board due to the flashing lights and flapping of the ice dispenser. The parts store said I needed 12920710 (replacing 12920717). I changes the board, the fridge came alive yay, but it wold not accept my code 1411 on my fridge tag. I used 0302 and it was accepted, but no water filling the ice maker.

I just want to be absolutely sure that I need to use MFI2568AES(12) rather than just MFI2568AES when searching? When I use the suffix 12 I get W10310240 as the correct board, but doesn't list my fridge?

I can only return the board once, so I just want to be clear I have the wrong board and the W10310240 is the correct one.

My serial number begins with 12.

I just got my control board and had the opposite problem. Ny refrigerator says the code is 0302 but it wouldn't take. After reading this forum I decided to try the opposite and input 1411. It appears to work. I don't have it connected to a water supply so I don't know if there is an issue there. It's a bit puzzling why it would be the opposite code and an opposite one from what everyone else is finding.
    Model# MFI2568AES
    Serial# 10217708JG

Hi. I just replaced my main control board. The fridge went into programming mode. I followed the steps to program with the code inside the fridge door. It wouldn't accept the code and seemed to be locked in programming mode. No flashing lights just locked on PE0 000. Finally, I shut the breaker off and left it for a bit. I have now turned the breaker back on and the fridge is blinking at me in programming mode but it won't respond when I try to program it.

What code does your fridge give you?

Hi it is 2020. But I believe it has resolved itself. I walked away from it for two hours then went through all of the steps again and it worked. So, ya, fricken hoo. ;-)

I have the same control board 12920710 which replaced the defective one. Unfortunately I can not read the program code on the fridge anymore. Does anyone know where I can get the program code for this board? I have Kenmore model 596.7753.3600 and serial number 20345732LP only at this point. Was wondering if any of the codes mentioned here might work 1411, 0302, 2020 etc. So close but yet so far.

thanks Rick

Quote Originally Posted by Shelleybfit View Post
    Hi. I just replaced my main control board. The fridge went into programming mode. I followed the steps to program with the code inside the fridge door. It wouldn't accept the code and seemed to be locked in programming mode. No flashing lights just locked on PE0 000. Finally, I shut the breaker off and left it for a bit. I have now turned the breaker back on and the fridge is blinking at me in programming mode but it won't respond when I try to program it.

Mine is doing this. I’ve tried pushing buttons but it’s not working. Please help. I also replaced that control panel too

Update: After calling everyone to get code , manufacture Whirlpool, Kenmore Canada and USA with no luck, I decided to take a chance and use one of the program codes in this forum. I picked 0302 followed the instructions and presto, My fridge is now working for two weeks. Thanks for info on this forum, it saved me buying a new fridge. In case anyone is interested my Fridge was a Trio Series Kenmore Elite French door bottom mount freezer. Model 596.7753.3600
    Cheers Rick

I see a couple of folks tried a different code other than what was listed on their fridge tag. I had no code so just tried one listed on this forum and it worked. There was also mention about having the correct board. I think there is two different boards that look the same. I was certain I had the correct board #12920710. I believe Parts direct site will show the two different boards. Also on most parts sites if you type in the model it should give the correct board. Also mfg customer support should be able to confirm if you have Fridge model and serial number. They will ask for serial number.
    Good luck

Hello, This thread is old but I imagine people are still having the same problem. I did, and I ordered a replacement HV board from a local appliance parts store because they said they could have it in my hands in 2 days. With the new board, I am having the same problem others have mentioned - I couldn't get the correct code (1411) to work so I tried 0302. Now, the fridge and freezer work but the ice maker doesn't.

I think that I have installed the wrong board. Can someone please tell me the correct board for a Maytag model MFI2568AES with serial number 12557955LR?

Thanks in advance