Thread: Sears Whirlpool starts spinning before pumping tub water

Sears Whirlpool starts spinning before pumping tub water

Model Number: 110.25842400
    Brand: Brand

My washer starts spinning at the same time it starts to pump out tub water. Pump and gear between pump and motor have been replaced. It would appear the timing is off. Any suggestions as to the problem and fix?

This washer has a neutral drain transmission. This means that when the washer goes into the spin cycle, it will drain the water out first without the tub spinning. Then the timer will pause for a short amount of time, and then when it kicks back in, it will start spinning the tub. It sounds like your washer might not be pausing to engage the tub to start spinning? Run it through a cycle and pay attention to how it acts and let me know what you find.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

Re: Spinning before pumping

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Ryan View Post
    This washer has a neutral drain transmission. This means that when the washer goes into the spin cycle, it will drain the water out first without the tub spinning. Then the timer will pause for a short amount of time, and then when it kicks back in, it will start spinning the tub. It sounds like your washer might not be pausing to engage the tub to start spinning? Run it through a cycle and pay attention to how it acts and let me know what you find.
    Thanks for responding. That is correct. There is a short delay ( around 30 seconds or so) after the wash cycle stops. It then starts pumping and spinning at the same time. It pumps fine but obviously overworking the drive motor. I have noticed when the complete wash cycle is over, the clothes are still fairly wet. Also, I notice the rinse spray starts early during the spin cycle. It would appear the timing cycle is too early.

You may have multiple issues with the washer. The washer should first drain the water out, after that it will pause shortly and then start to spin. Depending on what part of the cycle, water entering the tub while it is spinning may be normal. You would have to look at the chart on the schematic for the washer to check. If the timing is off, then you would need to replace the timer.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter