Thread: [FIXED] Samsung Refrigerator code 88 88/89

Patient

[FIXED] Samsung Refrigerator code 88 88/89

Model Number: rf267aars
    Brand: Samsung

The power was interrupted and code 88 88/89 flashes on the door. The frig cools and freezer is working. No use of the ice marker. Any help

DAvid

Try resetting it by pressing the top left and right buttons on the display and holding them for 10+ seconds. Let me know the outcome.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

Patient
    Thanks, it did work. Thanks for the help.

Great, I am glad that took care of the problem. I updated the status of this thread to FIXED.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Ryan View Post
    Try resetting it by pressing the top left and right buttons on the display and holding them for 10+ seconds. Let me know the outcome.
    That fix works with fridge/freezer RPG23UERS. Thanks!!

This worked for a Samsung RF267. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by dlk5730 View Post
    This worked for a Samsung RF267. Thank you!
    Many thanks for your response.

Did that (pressed the top left and right buttons on the display and held them for 10+ seconds). Got flashing 88 89 and beeping for 10 seconds. Then back to normal.

I await falling ice cubes...

Quote Originally Posted by tomba View Post
    Many thanks for your response.

Did that (pressed the top left and right buttons on the display and held them for 10+ seconds). Got flashing 88 89 and beeping for 10 seconds. Then back to normal.

I await falling ice cubes...
    No joy, I'm afraid.

Cool! (Pun intended). It worked for me after our GE PFSF6PKWBWW was unplugged for a couple hours for evaporator drain de-iceing/repairs. The flashing "88"'s had me stymied after plugging it in again. Thank you!

Same issue 88 88 after power outage

[Back in business again. At first wasn't holding for 10 seconds...must hold for 10 seconds..thanks so much!!!!

I registered purely to thank you! No power for seven days (thanx, Hurricane Irma) and then the flashing 88s. Your trick worked like a charm!!

Quote Originally Posted by KidsNurse View Post
    I registered purely to thank you! No power for seven days (thanx, Hurricane Irma) and then the flashing 88s. Your trick worked like a charm!!
    Awesome!
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

Power outage 82/88 codes

Awesome!
    '

Had the same issue tonight with a power outage and 82/88 error codes on screen. Chatted with a Samsung Tech who said I had to schedule a technician to come fix it. Tried your suggestion and it worked like a charm. Apparently Samsung doesn't have a clue. Thanks for your advice.

Samsung refrigerator code 88 88

I tried this but had not success. Any other thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by sek9853e View Post
    I tried this but had not success. Any other thoughts?
    Hello Sek9853e,

The reset sequence didn't work for my RF266ABRS either but after trying different combinations I finally got it to reset. My Samsung has 6 buttons, 3 left and 3 right, holding the middle buttons, "Power Freeze" and "Power Cool", of each set for 15 seconds got the unit to reset and state the correct temperature setting.
    I hope this works for you.

Thanks to Parts Dr for the initiative.

I wanted to say thank you. I bought a Samsung RF26XAEBP that had this on the front from less than $300. He thought it was the motherboard and had a spare. I swapped them out and still had the same problem, but then I started looking around and found this site and thread. Sure enough, it cleared it.. Now, there are a couple of the digits portions that are out, so I will need to fix that, but you can basically make it out. Now I got a great new fridge, but just have to replace the water tank, because Im not getting water or ice, but a puddle in the bottom of the fridge. Looked into it, and low and behold the bottom tank was severed in half. I'm replacing that and the filter now, and hopefully that will resolve everything, but we shall see. But I did register in here to say thank you.

Also signed up to post my thanks. We have a RS22HDHPNSR model and ice box was jammed, but kept giving error after it was cleared until I tried this
    Thank you!

I have an RF266 model and Pushed Power Freeze and Power Cool for 15 seconds and got the panel working. No more flashing 88 on the panel. Just the freezer and refrigerator temperature. We have had a few power outages recently and that may have caused the problem.
    Last edited by scarr1; 07-20-2020 at 06:22 PM.

Update that the error came back and we then found out our compressor wasn't working well. Consider having a prompt service or assessment done if there isn't a clear cause or if the error comes back.

Hi....I had the same problem as David and followed your instructions. It did reset the panel, with a power cord icon appearing on the top line and two words/icons 'filter' and 'water' appearing on the bottom line. Thank you!!! Ice is working, as well!!