Thread: Samsung Error LE - what next??

Samsung Error LE - what next??

Model Number: WF316LAW/XAA
    Brand: Samsung

My washer starts a load normally, goes through the wash cycle, and then starts filling with water before the spin cycle until the tub is about 1/2 full. The machine then stops with an error code of "LE". The service manual says that is a water level sensor error, and go to the "No water fill" section which doesn't really make sense. After searching the web, I found several users that said it was the main PCB, so I replaced. Same problem. The drain works fine, as I can empty by starting the Spin Only cycle, and the water will drain completely. I've listened carefully and never hear the drain pump try to start while the washer is filling. I have taken off all hoses, checked for leaks, gone through all service test modes, and all work fine. The only item left that I can think of is the Pressure Sensor. I have checked the frequency as noted in the SM during the first part of the wash cycle (before the error), and the numbers are within range.

I will note that after I had taken the entire washer apart and checked and clean all lines, electrical connectors, etc, I ran an empty cycle that completed perfectly. I then loaded clothes and ran the same cycle, and the error returned.

Any ideas of how to proceed would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Tim

Tim,

Most washers give it a certain amount of time to fill up with water and if it doesn't sense it has filled up with enough water after that time it will stop the washer. This is done as a safety so your washer won't flood your house. First thing to check is that the washer is filling up with hot and cold washer correctly, and that the water is coming into the washer at a good rate. The hot water valve has one solenoid, but the cold water has three solenoids (more to go bad). A clogged or failed water valve is the most common thing that we see cause this type of a problem.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter