Thread: [FIXED] KitchenAid Dishwasher KUDS02SRSS2 does not respond to touch pad

[FIXED] KitchenAid Dishwasher KUDS02SRSS2 does not respond to touch pad

Model Number: KUDSO2SRSS2
    Brand: KitchenAid

Upon opening the dishwasher door to turn it on, I realized multiple LEDs were on in the initial selection area. Trying to select another, or deselect it, was futile. Pressing all buttons in sequence resulted in all lights going out. Cancel - Start/Resume had no effect. Quick diagnosis on-line led me to order the main circuit board (W10084141) from Parts Dr. .... Installed board with no issues, but still have the problem, but modified. Now, if I press the Heavy Duty cycle, the action indication on the front with illuminate the sequential light at the 1:00 o'clock position and stays there. Pressing Start/Resume initiates something internal (noises heard) but no results. Sounds stop in about a minute. I found the instructions on checking the touch pad behind the toe board with the schematics (all this after the fact of installing the control board), but where is the OWI switch or Thermistor it makes reference to disconnecting to initiate diagnostics?

It sounds like from your description you most likely have a failed touchpad. See the attached picture below for the location of the thermistator/OWI. Depending on the model, your dishwasher will have one or the other but not both. The OWI stands for Optical Water Indicator, it is a soil sensor with a built in thermistor. We do not always see these tests they have you do being conclusive that the part is good or bad. Let me know what you find.

(Click to enlarge)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thermistorlocation.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	42.3 KB 
ID:	218
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

Well, I should have utilized the discussion thread sooner. I would have located the schematics behind the toe shield and had the expert's input regarding diagnosis. The touchpad came as ordered and did correct the problem. Thanks for the assistance.

Thanks for the update, I updated the status of the thread to FIXED.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter