Thread: [FIXED] washing machine pump failure

[FIXED] washing machine pump failure

Model Number: 11047511701
    Brand: Sears Kenmore

I keep getting an F21 error which indicates improper drainage. I cleaned a bunch of debris from the filter next to the pump (coins, hair pins, etc). I back flushed the drainage hose and it is clear. I still get intermittent F21 error codes. So I pulled out the pump and checked it. There is good ohm resistence. But the impeller wobbles quit a bit. Could that be enough to cause slow or poor drainage? I hate to spend $100 bucks to find out it is not the problem. I guess the other problem could be the water level control switch or a blockage in the ball valve (that was the only hose I could not remove and check easily- my pliars was too small to release the spring clamp).

Well, hope it is a bad pump. My wife says the washer has to be working ASAP so I ordered a pump from you. Had to beat the 4 pm deadline to get it out today and over night shipping will get it here Wednesday. Got to keep the wife happy!

It sounds like from your description of your problem that the pump is most likely bad. The impeller should not wobble like you are describing, if it does then the pump should be replaced. Let us know how the repair goes for you.

This is the drain pump for your model washer:

Drain Pump Assembly - Part # PD00025949 (mfg # W10730972)
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

Got the part in the mail today - thanks for the super fast shipping - to my door in less than 18 hours!!!
    I checked the impeller on the new pump. The new impeller does not wobbly at all and is very "stiff". My old one wobbles a lot and you can turn the impellar almost 180 degrees before it catches a magnet. I am sure this will solve the problem.

Great to hear! Let us know how it works after you get it installed.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Install was straightforward especially after I had taken the old motor out (to inspect it) and replaced it (to do a few loads of laundry while waiting for the new part). Seems to work fine. The motor is definitely quieter.

I am glad it is working well for you! I updated the status of this thread to FIXED.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com