Thread: Maytag 200 Series - F6 E1 and F1 E2 errors during rinse cycle

Maytag 200 Series - F6 E1 and F1 E2 errors during rinse cycle

Model Number: MHWE200XW00
    Brand: Maytag

My 3 years old washer started displaying the F6 E1 error after I replaced the fill hose (major leak dripping down the bottom plate, but the error didn't appear until after I replaced the hose). I could cancel and restart the wash but with the same result. Once it displayed the F1E2 error, but only once.

We live on an island off the coast of Maine and cannot rely easily on professional service repairs. I did call Maytag support though, who couldn't identify a service repair provider in the area of Portland, ME <rolleyes>.

This forum was very helpful in providing info and narrowing down to the cause of the problem. Did the diagnostic test, checked all connections from cord to harnesses and especially grounding connections. The MCU then became the usual suspect.

Identified the part and was ready to order, but at $160 (though with a nice return option and definitly better than getting a new machine shipped over here) I hesitated for a second and decided to take it out, following a very helpful youtube video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotat...&v=QEQUaCYUkZs), checked closely all I could, connections and signs of oxidation, wear or burn. Didn't notice anything, put it back in place, ran a delicate cycle, then a second wash on normal, a third one on heavy duty, and miracle it worked like the first day we got the machine! Complete cycles, perfectly washed and spun clothes, no error messages. Did a little dance while folding the laundry!

So now to my questions: did I correct a bad connection while disconnecting/reconnecting the wires? Or did I reset something in the MCU that erased some memory of the error message that was meant to be temporary? Have any of you experienced this? And if yes, did you fix the problem permanently or only temporarily? (I'll surely be holding my breath for a weeks... :-D). If the problem reoccur, how do you recommend I find out if it's connection related, MCU need to be replaced or maybe just the wire harness?

Thank you for any feedback, and hope this thread will be useful to anyone experiencing the same problem.

Narrowing down this cype of problem can be very difficult. You possibly just had a loose or bad connection that you fixed by disconnecting and reconnecting the harnesses. If it continues to act up you can recheck the harness connections and do a visual inspection of the wire harness, if that looks good then you most likely either have the CCU or MCU is going bad. Have you located the tech sheet on the washing machine behind the lower front panel that describe these error codes and what to check?
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

Maytag 200 Series - F6 E1 and F1 E2 errors during rinse cycle

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Ryan View Post
    ...Have you located the tech sheet on the washing machine behind the lower front panel that describe these error codes and what to check?
    Yes, I worked with the tech sheet from day 1.

Today, I got the F6E1 error code again while washing a single garment on silk mode. Powered off and drained. There was quite a bit of foam in the drum. Though I only used a tbsp of the HE detergent I always used, I think the single item may have been too small to absorb. I wonder if this and the light weight triggered the code. Ran the same cycle again with a couple of bath towels in it and it worked fine. Did two more washes, half load / regular cycle and it seemed to work flawlessly.

Hadn't worked on a washing machine in more than a decade, feels more like tinkering with a PC rather than a home appliance .

Thanks for your feedback Doc
    Last edited by pierreavignon; 11-08-2013 at 12:29 PM.

Smaller loads tend to make the washer vibrate more during the spin cycle because there are less clothes to distribute around the drum. You will have to make the checks on the tech sheet, and if everything they have you check is good then you usually have to make an educated guess on which of the two control boards is bad.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter