Thread: maytag dishwasher

Unhappy maytag dishwasher

Model Number: mdb7750aws
    Brand: Maytag

I want to know what the problem is with my dishwasher, it will not turn on, all of the lights turn on except the start/cancel and the delay light. I want to know if it is the control panel and the latch handle? Is there a reset button? I want to know if I can repair this myself? I cannot afford a repair tech. I have been so disappointed with my Maytag products this should not be happening because this dishwasher has hardly been used.

Since not all of the buttons on the control panel are responding, that is usually an indication of a failed touchpad in the control panel. You can test the door switches on the door latch assembly easily by turning off the power to the dishwasher and testing them for continuity. Maytag does not have a test procedure to test the touchpad, so we recommend to first check the ribbon cable connection and make sure it is seated well. If that is good then start by replacing the touchpad. If that doesn't fix the problem then replace the main control board. Let me know what you find.

This is the touchpad control panel for your model:
    Control Panel - 6-919395
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter