Thread: [FIXED] Maytag Neptune motor control board replacement

[FIXED] Maytag Neptune motor control board replacement

Model Number: MAH7500AWW
    Brand: Maytag

Order Number: 48418-226-349
    Model number: MAH7500AWW
    Serial number: B5196455GC

Ordered repair part number: 12002039 from PartsDr (they had best price!) and confirmed these were the correct motor control board and motor with Live Chat. http://partsdr.com/part/12002039-mot...ol-module-kit/

This included a Maytag control board part number 6 2726420.

My control board, Maytag part number 6 2726410 looks like this: http://partsdr.com/part/22004046-motor-control-board/

The JP4 connection main wire harness (left) and the motor harness connection (center) plugged into the replacement control board as a one for one swap out. However, my board does not have an AC Line Filter and there is no blue 2 wire connector on the main harness. My harness has a white 3 wire connector (white, gray and green).

A. Do I ignore steps 18 and 19 in the instruction sheet, disconnect the jumper, and attach the existing white 3 wire connector to the board? BTW, there is a sticker attached to the washer which states: “! WARNING ! CONTROL BOARD, HEAT SINK, MOTOR AND PUMP ARE NOT GROUNDED AND MAY PRESENT RISK OF ELECTIRC SHOCK, ONLY DURING SERVICING.”

B. Are there adapters that will allow me to connect the AC Line Filter to my 3 wire connector?

C. Do I cut and splice?

I am leaning toward A. Please give me your thoughts / experiences with this.

Thank you.

I know you didn't get my email about this until you posted this, but please post up the results after you get it installed. It looks like from my research that "A" is the answer. On another site I found someone post this:
    That little line filter was supposed to suppress pump feedback noise on earlier models, but is not needed on yours since the neutral wire on the board is no longer connected at the drain pump neutral. In the picture below, take off the adapter which has the blue and red wires and put your original connector in its place.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

Success! I went with "A" as you suggested and just finished a load of laundry. The whole job, motor and control board (I did not replace the motor harness because it appeared to be in good condition) took 20 minutes start to finish.

This was my first time ordering with PartsDr and I could not be happier with your service and follow up.

Thank you.

Thanks for the feedback, I am sure it will help others with the same question down the road. I have updated the status of this thread to FIXED.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter