Thread: Condenser Motor replacement

Condenser Motor replacement

Model Number: ED5LHAXMQ10
    Brand: Whirlpool

I am looking to replace my condenser motor and found the replacement part is not a perfect match...existing has 2 holes on the motor and fits flush with the bracket and the replacement has 3 holes and raised parts on the back...how can I mount it to the bracket? The mounting bracket has no metal blank to remove like I was told and only has 2 holes for screws and a center hole for the motor body to fit in...

The replacement condenser fan motor for your model is part number W10124096. This fan motor has been updated and is a different style than the original motor. Typically it mounts to the three arms that the original motor mounted to. If you still need some more help with it, try posting up a picture or two so I can help you better.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

Thank you for the help...and once I removed the fan and mounting bracket I found a "plate" in the bracket which come out and the new motor fits perfectly into the NOW enlarged hole.

I am glad you got it figured out. Sometimes when they re-design and update a part, it can be tricky to figure out how it is installed.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter