Thread: [FIXED] Samsung dryer continuing to get hE error code

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

[FIXED] Samsung dryer continuing to get hE error code

Model Number: DV330AEW/XAA
    Brand: Samsung

I thought my heating element was bad, but I had that along with the thermal fuse, and thermostat tested and all was good. I then cleaned out the ducts from blockages and the inside of dryer. The dryer continues giving me the same error. It runs for about 10 seconds and then errors out. I even replaced the circuit breaker and still no luck. I'm told I need a technician to come out and look and diagnose. What else could be wrong? Or am I out of luck and need to let someone else diagnose?

Have you checked the thermistor yet? Unplug the dryer, and remove the thermistor from the dryer. Using and Ohm meter, test the thermistor. The thermistor at room temperature should read approximately 10k ohms. If it is far off from that, the sensor will need to be replaced. Let me know what you find.

This is the thermistor for your dryer:

Thermistor - Part # PD00001996 (mfg #DC32-00007A)
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

Ok, my reading is .83 on 20k threshold. I'm not familiar with multimeters, but with help I think we tested correctly. It seems simple enough, but I'm not sure if the reading needs to be converted or .83 is true. If that is the true number I am guessing the thermistor is bad. What do you think? :-)

Which would have been nice to ask the question before I purchased the whole heating element housing, etc. my order shipped from you guys today, which is good, but seems like I should have added this part to my order! I appreciate your help!! I was so frustrated and until it works again probably will continue to be frustrated!
    Last edited by Ysullivan; 11-20-2013 at 10:31 PM.

0.83 on the 20k setting would be a reading of 830 ohms on the settings you are using. So that would indicate a bad thermistor.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

THANK YOU!!!!!! I replaced my thermistor through your videos and help and my dryer is now working! For this very novice, handygal that is a great accomplishment!!! I was very apprehensive to take on a repair myself, but your videos really are great and break the steps down. I also received my parts within 2 days!!

Thanks again!!

Great to hear, I am glad the thermistor fixed your problem! I updated the status of this thread to FIXED.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

HE code

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Ryan View Post
    Great to hear, I am glad the thermistor fixed your problem! I updated the status of this thread to FIXED.
    Having the same issue and I replaced the Thermistor and got the code again. Vent is clear to outside. Replaced thermal fuse as well. Dryer is getting really hot.