Thread: Frigidaire Broiler Does Not Heat Up

Frigidaire Broiler Does Not Heat Up

Model Number: CPLES399EC3
    Brand: Frigidaire

Hello, I have an electric Frigidaire Professional Series Oven, model # CPLES399EC3, made in Canada (April 2006), and the upper broil element won't heat up... Stone cold. However, unlike several other posts, the lower bake element still seems to work fine. The stove top also seems fine, and there doesn't appear to be anything unusual with the control panel. The oven makes a slight humming or buzzing noise when it tries to turn on the broiler. This is a new sound. Any suggestions? Do I need to replace the electronic control panel?
    Last edited by ryesworld; 11-21-2013 at 01:25 AM.

Do you have an ohm meter or multi meter? You will want to unplug or turn off the power and remove the wires to the broil and element so you can do a continuity test to see if the element is good or bad. Let me know what you find.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

Hi, thanks for your reply. I checked the broil element with an ohm meter and the needle went right to 0. Just to be sure, I picked up a new broil element and it doesn't work either. Also, when I turn on the broil element, I can hear a slight buzzing coming from the clock/control panel. The other elements still work, and the panel doesn't buzz when I turn them on...

If the element is good, and the wiring is good, then you have a bad control board.

This is the control board for your model:

Oven Control Board - Part # PD00006865 (mfg # 316418735)
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

So I never actually changed the control board, I just lived without the broiler all this time, then I used the self clean feature the other night and about an hour into it, the stove started to beep and it was flashing Err F30. I turned it off and after that the stove door remained locked and nothing worked, no clock, no stove top elements, etc. I turned off the circuit breaker for about 5 minutes to try resetting the stove, but that didn't help. The door stayed locked up and nothing worked. The display just said the door was locked. So after some googling, I unplugged it again and took the back panel off the stove. My google search told me to look for two violet wires that lead to a tiny red reset button. I found that, and pressed the reset button, which made a noticeable click when I pressed it. Then when I plugged the stove back in, the door unlocked and after a couple minutes of resetting itself, the display went back to normal, the stove top elements worked, and to my complete surprise... now the broil element works again! So, right now it is working again without actually replacing anything, however, I wonder if this is a symptom of something that is on its way out? Any thoughts, or is it normal to occasionally need to reset an oven?