Thread: Boot Seal Replacement Kenmore HE2

Boot Seal Replacement Kenmore HE2

Model Number: 11047532600
    Brand: Sears Kenmore

Need to replace the boot seal, bellow on a Kenmore Model 11047532600.

Not sure it the instructions would be similar to the Whirpool Duet on a previous post.

Found some instructions on-line, but it made the job appear to be very complex, removing the front loading door, etc.

If it is similar to the Duet boot seal replacement, it would be something we would be willing to try. If it is as complicated as the one on-line example we found, we would probably leave it up to a professional.

Thanks

PS I tried the search, but it didn't return any other threads or posts.

Your washing machine is the same as the Whirlpool Duet Sport, just with a Kenmore badge on the front. On most of the front load washers we have found it to be easier to leave the front panel and door in place when replacing the door boot seal (Duet & Duet Sport models included).

You should be able to follow the instructions from this post. I think everything is almost the same, except your washer uses part number W10111435 for the door seal. Let me know if you have any questions.

http://forum.partsdr.com/showthread.php?65-Door-Boot-Seal-replacement
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

Thanks... this was actually a family member's Kenmore washer.
    They decided to go with Sears repair, scheduled maintenance for their washer & dryer and extended the warranty another 12 months.

I watched the repair though and they removed the boot without removing the door.

Thank You for the information.

Well, now you will know how to replace it if it needs to be done again down the road.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter