Thread: No click when press bake or broil, neither start up

Unhappy No click when press bake or broil, neither start up

Model Number: RGB746GEN1
    Brand: Hotpoint

problems started with Bake, no "click" when button pressed & wouldn't turn on. If I started broiler and then turned it off, oven would start, sometimes. Then intermittent problems starting both (70% of the time)Now when I press either Bake or Broil, panel lights up, but the usual Click (of relays?) is not heard and then panel reverts to standby state, totally dead. Range top and all other functions of control panel are ok. I have the original schematics and wiring diagrams. I have used multi meter and done limited tests following on line instructions, but at this point, I'm so confused that I'm lost. Any assistance you can provide would be so greatly appreciated.

Yes, the click that you hear come from the control board is typically the relay sending power down to the ignitor. If both the bake and broil ignitors stopped working at the same time, then it is probably a control board failure. You would have to make a voltage test to see if the ignitor is receiving 120 volts from the control board. If it isn't getting power then the control board is bad, if it is getting power then the ignitor(s) need to be replaced.

It looks like the control board for your model has been discontinued. They also show the bake ignitor has been discontinued... but you might be able to make the broil ignitor work.

Round Glow Bar Igniter - Part # PD00001010 (mfg # WB2X9154)
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

So when I check voltage at ignitor, any value less than 120v means board is bad, is that correct? Also, I noticed that both ignitors look the same, both round type, could you please give me the part # of the bake ignitor? Thanks again.

They list part number WB13K03 for the bake ignitor. The voltage at the ignitor should be approximately 120 volts. It should be about the same as what your wall outlet reads... most homes are around 110-125v. If the board is bad, you will usually get a reading of zero or one volt.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

Thanks so much for your help and the info. Have a great weekend.

Hello, I am having a problem with two new ignitors not glowing in either the bake, or the broiler, positions.

I am getting just under 60 volts to the wires where the ignitors connect. Is 58v too low to make ignitors glow? (I have the square shaped ignitors made by Norton for a Caloric, RSD369, oven). if 58v is too low, where would I look next to find the problem.

I should also mention, the ohms on my two new ignitors are 170 amd 186 respectively, and I had one repair shop tell me the ohms should be over 300 on a new ignitor - so I am also wonder if I just bought two ignitors that are not good?
    Last edited by mnalep; 07-09-2013 at 12:53 AM.