Thread: whirlpool duet inner basket shaft size

whirlpool duet inner basket shaft size

Model Number: GHW9150PW0
    Brand: Other

have a broken shaft on the basket,sounds simple enough until i recieved the updated cross referenced part from an original 8182232 to a W10250573 that has a larger shaft & won't fit the rear housing bearings . does whirlpool make a replacement bearing that will fit the rear tub housing & the updated basket shaft or do i need to get a new assembly ?

Patient
    I received the same part today and have the same issue. The store is closed till Monday. I don't see anything online about the different size shaft. I will also on Monday try a local bearing supplier to see if they have a set of bearings with the larger inner race. I will update here if I find a resolution, Please do the same if you find the answer.

will do, i have ryan anderson of parts dr trying to help out also & see what he can find out

Yes, I will be checking on this next week for you.
    Ryan
    www.PartsDr.com - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Circle Parts Dr On Google+

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

Patient

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Ryan View Post
    Yes, I will be checking on this next week for you.

This isn't easy, first I did get my washer running, the place I got the part from doesn't care no returns even though the part isn't the correct part it is the correct part number though. So with that I removed the bracket off the larger tub and installed it on the old one. Looked good but still I had the shaft size issue, I removed the bearings from the read outer shell and went to a bearing supply store. It seems even the bearing is a issue. I was able to get one the same size to fit the bigger shaft it was
    just 2 mm narrower 14mm instead of 16mm the thickness of the bearing I couldn't find anyone who had shims so I got a pipe the same size and cut one and made it
    myself. After putting it together I found the shaft is about 1/2 " shorter so the nut though on and tight is only on 3 - 4 threads but it works fine.

Here's the worst part for me. in reading I came across a note from a guy that implied that even though the washer is old that the part is under warranty. So I called
    Whirlpool and told them that my washer drum was broken and I believed it was under warranty. Sure enough the drum isn't supposed to break and has a lifetime
    warranty. Though they wanted to send a tech out at a cost, I had them just send me the part. The reason I completed the work around was due to them sending
    the replacement ground 7 - 10 days and also they are sending out the same part number I already received telling me the only difference may be the nut at the
    end of the shaft. When I receive it if it is the correct one I will put it in to make a better repair. If it's the wrong one I am calling back for a resolution from Whirlpool

Also note even though you can't buy the bearings only from Whirlpool you can easily remove them and go to a bearing supplier and get replacements just be careful
    removing the seal and reuse it. Any questions just ask, and I will update when the next drum arrives.

I got an update from Whirlpool this morning. Some of these tubs that were sent out with a date code of 120304 on the box may have the wrong size shaft.
    Ryan
    www.PartsDr.com - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Circle Parts Dr On Google+

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

Patient
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Ryan View Post
    I got an update from Whirlpool this morning. Some of these tubs that were sent out with a date code of 120304 on the box may have the wrong size shaft.
    the shaft is wrong and the basket is 2 - 3 inches longer I hope they are now sending me the correct one.

first thanks for your help ryan . my tub did have a date code of 120304 & was the wrong part ( even though it was the right part # ) whirlpooll sent me out another basket with the same part # but had no date code on the box & it was correct. ( after hours on the phone with customer support & asking to talk to supervisors after supervisor ) they finally determined they don't have a part number for the shaft alone & therefore is considered part of the basket that has a lifetime warranty .again thanks ryan i can now stop turning my socks inside out & wash clothes again