Thread: [FIXED] Samsung wa456 won't spin. 3e2 error. Also clutch questions

Unhappy [FIXED] Samsung wa456 won't spin. 3e2 error. Also clutch questions

Model Number: Wa456drhdsu/aa
    Brand: Samsung

Started getting intermittent 3e when running. Would work after unplugging for bit and restarting. Then just completely stopped. Went to quick test to test motor and received a 3e2 code immediately. Tested resistance at motor connectors. It was around 10ohms. Manual said 11.4. Don't know if that is too low or what. Also hall sensor seemed to check out. Was told by Samsung customer service chat that the motor would need to be replaced. So naturally I started to remove it. Noticed that there was some back and forth play in the shaft the motor mounts to coming from the clutch assembly. I'm thinking the PCB as far as the 3e2 error code. But is that shaft supposed to have play in it or do I need clutch assembly also

I am not sure about the shaft play in the clutch. Is it up and down play, or left and right (side to side)? I agree that the 3E error code is most likely the main control. In this thread, we had a couple of people find that the control board was the source of the error. Let us know what you find.

This is the main control board for your model washer:

Main Control Board - Part # PD00006696 (mfg # DC92-01021A)
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

New clutch assembly came in today. Had same play as old assembly. It is up and down movement. The old clutch assembly had a little noise when I turned the inner shaft so I'm probably going to replace because I've already bought the new one. Control board due in Saturday. I will update then add to whether or not this fixed problem.

The main control board fixed it. Thankfully. I replaced the clutch assembly because I didn't want the seals from the old one leaking after being reinstalled. Also like i said there was a little extra noise when spinning the inner shaft. So far so good. I'm two loads in and is running like a champ.

Thanks for the help

Great to hear the problem is fixed, I have updated the status of this thread to FIXED.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter