Thread: whirlpool duet inner basket shaft size

whirlpool duet inner basket shaft size

Model Number: GHW9150PW0
    Brand: Other

have a broken shaft on the basket,sounds simple enough until i recieved the updated cross referenced part from an original 8182232 to a W10250573 that has a larger shaft & won't fit the rear housing bearings . does whirlpool make a replacement bearing that will fit the rear tub housing & the updated basket shaft or do i need to get a new assembly ?

Patient
    I received the same part today and have the same issue. The store is closed till Monday. I don't see anything online about the different size shaft. I will also on Monday try a local bearing supplier to see if they have a set of bearings with the larger inner race. I will update here if I find a resolution, Please do the same if you find the answer.

will do, i have ryan anderson of parts dr trying to help out also & see what he can find out

Yes, I will be checking on this next week for you.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

Patient

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Ryan View Post
    Yes, I will be checking on this next week for you.

This isn't easy, first I did get my washer running, the place I got the part from doesn't care no returns even though the part isn't the correct part it is the correct part number though. So with that I removed the bracket off the larger tub and installed it on the old one. Looked good but still I had the shaft size issue, I removed the bearings from the read outer shell and went to a bearing supply store. It seems even the bearing is a issue. I was able to get one the same size to fit the bigger shaft it was
    just 2 mm narrower 14mm instead of 16mm the thickness of the bearing I couldn't find anyone who had shims so I got a pipe the same size and cut one and made it
    myself. After putting it together I found the shaft is about 1/2 " shorter so the nut though on and tight is only on 3 - 4 threads but it works fine.

Here's the worst part for me. in reading I came across a note from a guy that implied that even though the washer is old that the part is under warranty. So I called
    Whirlpool and told them that my washer drum was broken and I believed it was under warranty. Sure enough the drum isn't supposed to break and has a lifetime
    warranty. Though they wanted to send a tech out at a cost, I had them just send me the part. The reason I completed the work around was due to them sending
    the replacement ground 7 - 10 days and also they are sending out the same part number I already received telling me the only difference may be the nut at the
    end of the shaft. When I receive it if it is the correct one I will put it in to make a better repair. If it's the wrong one I am calling back for a resolution from Whirlpool

Also note even though you can't buy the bearings only from Whirlpool you can easily remove them and go to a bearing supplier and get replacements just be careful
    removing the seal and reuse it. Any questions just ask, and I will update when the next drum arrives.

I got an update from Whirlpool this morning. Some of these tubs that were sent out with a date code of 120304 on the box may have the wrong size shaft.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Patient
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Ryan View Post
    I got an update from Whirlpool this morning. Some of these tubs that were sent out with a date code of 120304 on the box may have the wrong size shaft.
    the shaft is wrong and the basket is 2 - 3 inches longer I hope they are now sending me the correct one.

first thanks for your help ryan . my tub did have a date code of 120304 & was the wrong part ( even though it was the right part # ) whirlpooll sent me out another basket with the same part # but had no date code on the box & it was correct. ( after hours on the phone with customer support & asking to talk to supervisors after supervisor ) they finally determined they don't have a part number for the shaft alone & therefore is considered part of the basket that has a lifetime warranty .again thanks ryan i can now stop turning my socks inside out & wash clothes again

I hope you can help as my basket was warrantied by whirlpool and I got w10250573 as a replacement. However my old basket has a larger tapered shaft and is longer. This new part is a straight shaft and shorter. I just spent 90 minutes on the phone with them to be told its the right part and I should of called a service tech out . The new bearing kit even came with the larger bearing . Is there two different shafts or different outer tubs ? model GHW9150PWO and serial number CSS0614817.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark73 View Post
    I hope you can help as my basket was warrantied by whirlpool and I got w10250573 as a replacement. However my old basket has a larger tapered shaft and is longer. This new part is a straight shaft and shorter. I just spent 90 minutes on the phone with them to be told its the right part and I should of called a service tech out . The new bearing kit even came with the larger bearing . Is there two different shafts or different outer tubs ? model GHW9150PWO and serial number CSS0614817.
    There isn't a bearing kit for this washer, the bearings are part of the rear outer tub assembly. There is only one inner basket for this model washer, and it is part number W10250573. The previous people in the post received a part that was part of a bad batch that the manufacture had.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com