Thread: Water problems

Exclamation Water problems

Model Number: wtw5590sq2
    Brand: Whirlpool

My cold water on my washer stopped working. So i researched it online and it said that it is most likely the cold solenoid. So to test that I switched the wiring on the hot and cold solenoids to see if in fact the cold solenoid was bad. So when I turned the dial to hot, cold water came out. Which would mean the solenoid is working properly. Does that mean that the temperature switch is bad?

If applying power to the cold solenoid on the valve causes the valve to work, then the cold solenoid is most likely good. There is also a thermistor temperature sensor on the water valve (sold as part of the valve assembly) that could be bad. The temperature selector switch or timer could cause your problem.

These are the parts for your washing machine:

Water Inlet Valve & Thermistor - 3979346

Temperature Switch - W10184148

Timer - 8572976
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

Timer?? What would that have to do with only the hot/warm working on the switch? Is there any way to test to see if it is any of the three of these?

The timer controls all of the functions on the washer. It sends power to the temp switch & valve. You can look at the schematic that comes with the washer, that will give you some of the information needed to diagnose these parts. Washer timers are not very easy to test, and I have not seen Whirlpool give any information on how to test the temp switch. Let us know what you find.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter