Thread: Whirlpool Duet fills with water overnight and now HF error code

Whirlpool Duet fills with water overnight and now HF error code

Model Number: GHW9400PL0
    Brand: Whirlpool

Hi. My whirlpool duet front load washer sometimes fills with water when not in use. I have read other posts on this page that say it is the water inlet valve. Could that also cause the washer to start working and then stop, and display the HF error code. Just wondering if I have two problems or could I be lucky enough to fix both problems with one part. Thank you.

Both problems might relate to the water valve being bad. I think the error code you are getting might be FH instead of HF? See the information for that error code below.

No water detected entering machine or Pressure switch trip not detected.

If after 30 seconds the control does not detect water entering machine and then valves will be turned off and the error code will be displayed.

Or

If the control has turned the water valves on and after 8 minutes the flow meter has detected 10.5 gallons of water passing through it, but has not detected the pressure switch trip, the valves will be turned off and the error code will flash.

Press PAUSE/CANCEL twice to clear the display.

Potential Causes

• If there is no water in the unit:
    • Make sure that both valves at the water source(s) are turned on all the way.
    • Check for plugged or kinked inlet hoses or plugged screens in the inlet valves
    • Verify inlet valve operation
    • If there is water in the unit:
    • Verify Drain pump operation
    • Pressure Switch Hose is in good condition and properly connected to Tub and Pressure switch
    • Verify there is not a siphon problem
    • Verify wire harness connections to; Inlet Valves, Pressure Switch, Drain Pump, Flow Meter, and Central Control Unit (CCU)
    • Check all hoses for possible leaks
    • Verify pressure switch operation
    • Verify flow meter operation
    • Verify CCU operation
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

You need to check and change the pressure switch water hose. I had the same issue my washer would fill up so much it started seeping out the door. I noticed that my washer was not balanced and the presuure switch hose was hitting against the the clear dump water tube. You would be surprised that due to the washer not being leveled it caused the little black pressure hose to damage. I replaced it and did a diagnostic test and it is working like new.