Thread: No Heat in Oven

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

No Heat in Oven

Model Number: gmc305prs01
    Brand: Whirlpool

Oven does not heat up when turned on. Broil does not work either. Do not believe it is the elements since both quick working at the same time. Tried to replace the Range Control board - 8301848 but still not heat.

WOndering what other parts would control how the oven heats. Would a fuse or the Thermastat overload safety prevent the oven from heating up?

Thanks for any input you can provide.

G

Yes, the safety thermostat (thermal fuse 9759243) stops the oven from heating if the oven has gotten too hot. This is common to happen if the oven has been through a self clean cycle. It can also be caused by a bad temperature senor or a bad control board, which causes the oven to get hotter than normal. You can test this part by removing it from the oven and doing a continuity test on the part. If it has continuity, then the part is good. If it doesn't have continuity, then the part is bad.

I believe part number 8301848 controls the door lock latch on the oven. I don't think it relates to the heating of the oven.

If the oven has proper voltage coming into the oven (between 220-240v), and the thermal fuse is good, then the main control board W10340943 may not be sending power to the heating elements.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

Patient
    If an oven bakes but won't broil, the problem could be the broiler burner igniter or the electronic oven control board in a gas oven. A broken broiler element or failed electronic oven control board could prevent the broiler from working in an electric range.

Patient
    I repair my oven gas it fix my all issues and polish it as a new. Instant Appliance Repair Company.