Thread: My Samsung RF267AARS Ice Maker

My Samsung RF267AARS Ice Maker

Model Number: RF267AARS
    Brand: Samsung

Hello, I have a Samsung RF267AARS Refrigerator with Ice Maker DA97-05422A that constantly messes up. I read on another thread that there is actually a problem with a circuit Board for the Ice Maker. How difficult is it to replace this Board? Is it something I can do myself? I know how to reset and remove the Ice Maker it's self, but a circuit board is another story. I have plenty of water pressure and everything else is working great.

The most common thing that we see cause problems on these is the ice maker failing, but the control board can also cause the ice maker not to work. The control board is located on the back side of the refrigerator behind a panel. With the refrigerator unplugged, you just have to swap the wires from the old control board over to the new one.

Your model calls for the ice maker kit that includes the updated ice maker & control board.
    Ice Maker & Control Board Kit - DA81-01421A
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

May I jump in with related information/question. . . It appears that Samsung ice makers are notoriously bad with most sites showing multiple views of Samsung ice maker issues. I ordered a replacement ice maker for my Samsung 267RS AARS. When I picked up the parts, a new main PCB was included along with a Service Bulletin # ASC20071012001 and dated October 12, 2007. It states that the Cause of the malfunction is "When the ice tray dumps ice cubes to the ice bucket, ice cubes jam between the ice tray and the liner. The ice maker makes a loud noise and eventually stops working." Sounds like a defective part to me. So. . .i just changed out the defective ice maker at a cost of $200 and the ice is being made normally. My concern,however is that, without changing the PCB, some different information may be sent to the ice maker that may be causing it's destruction; for example, perhaps the warming tubes just need to stay on longer. ( I see that the ice maker part number is the same.) If this is true, then it is the PCB that has been produced with defective instructions, and in all fairness, Samsung should have had a recall sent out and fixed this at their expense. I'm hoping that you can tell me whether the change of PCB is necessary and, if not, who I can contact at Samsung to tell me exactly why. Kind regards

I wrote a guide that shows how to tell if you need the newer version circuit board. You can read through that here: Do I Need The DA81-01421A Ice Maker Kit? If the control board is the older software version, then you should upgrade the control board to a newer version to prevent problems with the ice maker down the road.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Good information

Thanx Doc Ryan! Guess that I'll need to take off the doors and slide it out. . .dang!

(s) Doc Jisme

I need some advice on how to replace the RF267AARS Ice Maker

I have this same Samsung Refridgerator model RF267AARS. Recently my ice maker has stopped making ice and just sits there and clicks or knocks about every 5 seconds. I have removed the tray, excercized the arm several times, pressed the reset for the recommended 8 seconds, shut off the ice maker overnight, unplugged the refridge for 10 min (hoping for a system reset I guess), and lowered the ice making unit without disconnecting it electrically to see what I could see. I could see water flowing into the icemaker in the back. All this, and still no ice and a constant click or knocking noise every 5 seconds.

After looking around on line, I believe I have a broken gear tooth internal to the unit meaning I need to replace the Ice maker. I can order it on line for about 85$, but will it come with some basic installation instructions or could you help. Thanks.

Yes, it sounds like the ice maker is bad and will need to be replaced. We have some instructions that our customers have provided on our website, and we also have instructions on our blog. We are also the cheapest place online to buy a replacement icemaker Click the links below:

http://partsdr.com/part/da97-05422a-...repair-stories

http://partsdr.com/blog/how-to-remove-samsung-da97-05422a-ice-maker/
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

Lots of help here

That is exactly the sound that mine was making and after replacing the icemaker it works perfectly with the sounds of falling cubes like music to my ears. Instructions are included and easy to follow.
    Also, Samsung has proscribed a kit for this repair and it includes a new PCB and that is what I bought. Their thinking was that there was two possible causes. . .but, I was told that if the icemaker worked after just changing it out, need to change out the PCB. So now I have an extra PCB. . .anybody?

I too have the RF267AARS. We have been having ice maker problems for 2 1/2 years. I've now paid an independent repair company and the "Authorized" company to come out. All 3 pieces, the water valve, the icemaker and the main board have been replaced. (The ice maker has been replaced twice) The whole time it has done the same clicking as the poster above. It will make ice on occasion, about two trays every two weeks and the ice cubes are small or irregular. The tech today checked to make sure the water pressure was good, but he's stumped. After all of these repairs, the thing still doesn't work. Just wondering if any of you have heard of this or know of something else we can try. Buying bagged ice is very inconvenient and there is no real place in this model for trays.

Quote Originally Posted by thequeenlawson View Post
    I too have the RF267AARS. We have been having ice maker problems for 2 1/2 years. I've now paid an independent repair company and the "Authorized" company to come out. All 3 pieces, the water valve, the icemaker and the main board have been replaced. (The ice maker has been replaced twice) The whole time it has done the same clicking as the poster above. It will make ice on occasion, about two trays every two weeks and the ice cubes are small or irregular. The tech today checked to make sure the water pressure was good, but he's stumped. After all of these repairs, the thing still doesn't work. Just wondering if any of you have heard of this or know of something else we can try. Buying bagged ice is very inconvenient and there is no real place in this model for trays.
    The ice maker should not make a clicking noise after being replaced with a new ice maker.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

I bought same Samsung RF 267 at Sears in September 2012 Ice maker started to leak water through disposal after 15 days. Found that the compartment has 40F temperature. Called for service and they found nothing wrong ( blower motor supplying cold air from freezer is fine ). Shut refrigerator for 24 hours --> then Icemaker is fine for another 15 days. I think that the passage is freezing over when you are in economy mode. Will replace the unit, because I think it is a design problem. Everyone do a simple check on the temperature in the compartment prior to wasting money on repairs

Are you saying that the ice maker compartment was 40F? If unplugging the refrigerator for 24 hours is fixing the problem, then you are having a frost buildup and/or airflow problem. Excess moisture from a leaking door seal or the door getting left open can cause frost to build up more than normal. I would do some more research to try to find what is causing your problem before throwing away the refrigerator.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

I have the same Samsung RF267AARS and I replaced the ice-maker the other day. I now have lots of ice but the water dispenser has stopped working. It is very frustrating. I did not replace the board as well - should I have? Reading online I'm not sure if it is the water valve or something else, just odd that it stopped when I put the new ice maker in, but water is flowing to the ice maker.