Thread: New HV Control board installed in program mode.

New HV Control board installed in program mode.

Model Number: JFI2589AES
    Brand: Jenn-Air

I installed a new control board PN# W10310240 to repair ice/water dispenser problem, which worked. However the control panel displays a blinking "PE0 000" which I've found means the board is in program mode. I can only find Maytag instructions for programming and my Jenn-Air has a different control pad. Random guessing of key presses has only resulted in switching between Ice/water modes of the dispenser.

The Maytag, Amana, and Jenn Air models all use the same instructions sheet for programming the control board. What button(s) does yours not have that the instructions list? Do you also have the serial number of your refrigerator?
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

Program code entry solved

After a few more hours of experimentation, I was able to divine the key strokes required for entering the program code on my Jenn-Air. The attached PDF is a instruction sheet I wrote up for myself should this repair ever need repeating. Other models with a different code (code is located on serial number plate) would of course have to follow a different number entry sequence. Several threads suggested that having the fridge doors open during programming was required, that was not necessary in my case.

While this problem is solved, this control board has self diagnostic functions that I can see could come in very handy one day if only I knew how to use them with my key pad layout. If anyone locates those instructions I would much appreciate you sharing them.

JennAir programming instructions.pdf
    Last edited by davetann; 01-03-2014 at 09:45 AM.

I am glad you figured out how to program the board and thank you for posting the PDF with your solution.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

Thank you very much for posting those instructions. They worked perfectly for my refrigerator, also a Jenn-Air JFI2589AES2.

Quote Originally Posted by MitchStr View Post
    Thank you very much for posting those instructions. They worked perfectly for my refrigerator, also a Jenn-Air JFI2589AES2.
    So, I am struggling with this. I replaced the board, plugged in unit. Fridge is running, freezer cooling, but my display is just a blank screen. When I attempt to use the instructions provided above, it never shows up the place to input the code. Am I doing something wrong?

Buttons beep when pressed, but don’t seem to do anything. The only lights are the water and the light Auto button