Thread: GE Profile PFSF6PKXAWW Water Leak

GE Profile PFSF6PKXAWW Water Leak

Model Number: PFSF6PKXAWW
    Brand: GE

We have a GE Profile PFSF6PKXAWW french door bottom freezer refrigerator. Ice maker stopped working, so got the part from you and replaced. Now the ice maker is fine. (Old ice maker showed a date of 8/10/2008 so shouldn't need a new mainboard.)

However, there is a water leak somewhere within the refrigerator and water collects on the bottom of the refrigerator and eventually (about 6 days) starts overflowing and spilling out on the floor.

Any idea what's going on or where I should look? Checked the new ice maker and no sign of excess ice anywhere around it. Door water dispenser works OK.

Take a look at the water filter and water reservoir tank in the refrigerator. Try running the water dispenser while you are inspecting those pieces and see if you can see a leak coming from anything.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Ryan View Post
    Take a look at the water filter and water reservoir tank in the refrigerator. Try running the water dispenser while you are inspecting those pieces and see if you can see a leak coming from anything.
    Doc, thanks for the fast response. Water filter is totally dry and no sign of water dripping. (By the way, when the door is open the dispenser is disabled - is there any way to get around that? I just felt the filter with my fingers after dispensing with the door closed.)

Where do I find the water reservoir tank?

You can hold down the door switch(es) to get the dispenser to run with the door open. The reservoir tank should be in the back of the refrigerator section.

The tank is #110 (part# WR17X12390) in the diagram below:
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Thanks. I was able to get it out and the tank is leaking, so I've ordered one from you. Not sure how to connect it, so I hope there are instructions included or maybe it will be obvious when I see the bare new tank.

By the way, the door switches are magnetic, not mechanical. You have to hold a magnet against the frame (the two door switch locations are marked on the top of the door surround frame). Need a strong enough magnet and it will turn off the inside light, which is the key indicator.

I didn't realize that the door switches were magnetic, thanks for the info. I am not sure how the tank attaches. A lot of the time, when you get the new part, it makes it more obvious on how the part installs. Let me know if you have any questions when you get it.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

I too am having this problem of water pooling under the refrigerator deli drawer. I have tried the following:
    1. Take back panel off of fridge and make sure no clogs in the two grey drain tubes
    2. Take panel off from the INSIDE of freezer and thaw out with a hairdryer the hole in the center of the drain pan
    3. After reading this thread, i checked the reservoir tank and it does not seem to be leaking

then...I just took off the ASM Damper (part number 117) in your digram above and there was water pooled in the bottom of this. This part seems to have some sort of mechanical door on it that opens and closes. I used my finger and pushed it up into the open position to see if this will do anything. This seems to be where the water is coming from. Do you have any thoughts on this or experience with this part? Thanks.

#117 in the diagram is the air damper. It opens and closes to control the temperature in the refrigerator. It shouldn't relate to any water problem. Was the defrost drain on #96 free to let the water drain?
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

Is part #96 located behind panels #98? I can't quite tell where part #96 is.

Yes, it should be behind that panel.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com