Thread: Maytag dishwasher

Question Maytag dishwasher

Model Number: MDB6100AWW
    Brand: Maytag

hello l appreciate the help very much, im having a problem with my MAYTAG dishwasher,model MDB6100AWW, After any cycle it fills the bottom with clean water, and then stops filling ( its not overflowing) the water is just there, it reaches up the heating ring, i can hear it filling it, (only when door is closed, if i unplug the electrical cord, or open the door, or if I shut off the water supply, it stops filling …(if i plug in the electical cord, or close the door, or turn the water supply on again, it starts to fill the bottom again)... it drains ok if i press the drain/off on the control panel, but keep filling after draining totally, please i need your help, a friend replaced the inlet valve, and did not work at all.

If it stops filling up with water when you unplug the dishwasher, then you may have a bad control board. The next thing would be to check the voltage going to the water valve. Do you have a volt meter or multimeter?
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

thank so much for your help

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Ryan View Post
    If it stops filling up with water when you unplug the dishwasher, then you may have a bad control board. The next thing would be to check the voltage going to the water valve. Do you have a volt meter or multimeter?

hello Doc Ryan......Yes I have a multimeter.....what supposed to be the voltage reading to the water valve?

It should be approximately 120v AC when filling with water and 0v when its not filling with water.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

Yes sr.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Ryan View Post
    It should be approximately 120v AC when filling with water and 0v when its not filling with water.
    I make sure those are the readings, and I will let you know how it worked. I appreciate you help.